DIR-601 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
dgege
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 22 Dec 2009
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 19:54    Post subject: DIR-601 support Reply with quote
Hi all,
I was wondering if the DLink DIR-601 is supported? I couldn't find it in the database. I know the DIR-600 is supported, but anyone got an idea for the DIR-601?

Thanks.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 17480
Location: Hesse/Germany

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
do
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-detection

_________________
Forum Guidelines...How to get help
&
Forum Rules
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation
_________________
I'm NOT rude, just offer pure facts!
_________________
Atheros (TP-Link & Clones, etc ) debrick service in EU
_________________
Guide on HowTo be Safe, Secure and Protect Your Online Anonymity!
Zeebra
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Dec 2009
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
do
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-detection


What if you don't already own the router but are thinking of buying it? Anyone on here have it and can check to see if it's doable?
Sash
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 17480
Location: Hesse/Germany

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 18:25    Post subject: Re: DIR-601 support Reply with quote
dgege wrote:
Hi all,
I was wondering if the DLink DIR-601 is supported? I couldn't find it in the database.


then no more comment from me on this

_________________
Forum Guidelines...How to get help
&
Forum Rules
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation
_________________
I'm NOT rude, just offer pure facts!
_________________
Atheros (TP-Link & Clones, etc ) debrick service in EU
_________________
Guide on HowTo be Safe, Secure and Protect Your Online Anonymity!
jebise101
DD-WRT User


Joined: 25 Sep 2009
Posts: 303

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
bumping as i would like to know as well. I would try it if i know it will not brick even if it dose not function and there is a way to go back to the origional
jebise101
DD-WRT User


Joined: 25 Sep 2009
Posts: 303

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump
rjsmith
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 04 Mar 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump. I'm curious as well
reece400
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 14:55    Post subject: Looks like it should Reply with quote
I did a search on the FCC website https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=161863&fcc_id=%27KA2DIR601A1%27 and it appears to use an Atheros chipset, not sure how much memory it has though. The circuit board is also labelled DIR-600A1, I opened mine to confirm.

However I tried to flash it using the directions for the DIR-600 and had no luck, wouldn't take the image for me.[/url]
Sash
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 17480
Location: Hesse/Germany

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
why dont u read my posts?!
_________________
Forum Guidelines...How to get help
&
Forum Rules
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation
_________________
I'm NOT rude, just offer pure facts!
_________________
Atheros (TP-Link & Clones, etc ) debrick service in EU
_________________
Guide on HowTo be Safe, Secure and Protect Your Online Anonymity!
thejakal
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 31 Dec 2009
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
why dont u read my posts?!


You just said "no more comment". Why don't you answer the question? Yes or No?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7386
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
he did answer with....

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-detection

The info above is incomplete, must know how much flash/ram it has, Atheros must have no less than 4mb flash for support, and even then, to speed up support, someone needs to donate a unit.

_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
poflynn
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 17:36    Post subject: $20 on buy.com Reply with quote
http://www.buy.com/prod/d-link-dir-601-wireless-n-150-home-router/q/loc/101/212945865.html
Whozzah
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Dec 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I registered simply to respond to this post. I too am looking for this information, as the database does not include in the information.

buddee : the gent clearly stated that he looked at the FCC's website, and stated what it said, he also stated that he had attempted to do 'try something' and that it failed, what is wrong with this? at least he's taking the initiative. This (to most people) is a (if it goes wrong, it bricks my stuff) situation, so asking for a bit of (guidance or experience) on the matter, isn't wrong.

Sash, I'm not sure you enjoy that 'Guru' title beside your (forum information). But if you don't know, then don't say anything to begin with. You're taunting as if you 'know the answer, and are simply not giving the information'. What kind of childish behavior is that for a 'Guru'. As stated above, the gent clearly looked in to it more than you two gave him credit for at all.

He/She is not the only one who wants to know the answer to this, and if you want to be an 'active and contributing member' of this forum, start acting like it, you've been here long enough.

I've used dd-wrt on a few routers, love it, and was wondering the answer to this myself. I'm not skilled like you gentlemen and I wouldn't claim to be. That's why we ask 'stupid questions like this', but give credit, he clearly looked in to it as much as he could, and did READ what he could!
ArgiWhomp
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 27 Dec 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:29    Post subject: This is getting silly... Reply with quote
Sash has no responsibility to coddle the masses. Sash was good enough to answer clearly and simply. This is all volunteer after all, so what is there going to be complaints that he did not say it with more adjectives to be all warm and fuzzy? Does anyone know how much time it takes to answer these many questions? I think it may be time for someone to see a therapist. I do not think anyone who gives their time needs to worry about anyone's personal problems. I am new to this, yet I understood what he said and I note that he was ignored and now he is given crap about how he gave advice? What does everyone who uses free stuff also want? Free advice coated in sugar? I am very disappointed that Sash is being given a hard time and if it keeps up what happens if he says the hell with it? Where will you get answers? How about the complainers trying to answer all the posts and see how they do after a few YEARS of it.
Falcon4
DD-WRT User


Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Posts: 67
Location: Fresno, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whozzah wrote:
I registered simply to respond to this post. I too am looking for this information, as the database does not include in the information.

buddee : the gent clearly stated that he looked at the FCC's website, and stated what it said, he also stated that he had attempted to do 'try something' and that it failed, what is wrong with this? at least he's taking the initiative. This (to most people) is a (if it goes wrong, it bricks my stuff) situation, so asking for a bit of (guidance or experience) on the matter, isn't wrong.

Sash, I'm not sure you enjoy that 'Guru' title beside your (forum information). But if you don't know, then don't say anything to begin with. You're taunting as if you 'know the answer, and are simply not giving the information'. What kind of childish behavior is that for a 'Guru'. As stated above, the gent clearly looked in to it more than you two gave him credit for at all.

He/She is not the only one who wants to know the answer to this, and if you want to be an 'active and contributing member' of this forum, start acting like it, you've been here long enough.

I've used dd-wrt on a few routers, love it, and was wondering the answer to this myself. I'm not skilled like you gentlemen and I wouldn't claim to be. That's why we ask 'stupid questions like this', but give credit, he clearly looked in to it as much as he could, and did READ what he could!


Bumping this SPECIFICALLY to quote and reiterate this post. The behavior from the "gurus" in this topic have been so immature and unhelpful, I was practically begging the internet gods for someone to slap someone straight with a post like this.

Good god, we just want to know if the DIR-601 is supported by DD-WRT. Likely because, I dunno, we're shopping? And this topic is now the top google result for "dir-601 dd-wrt" (which is, ironically, a Google Suggest option for "dir-601")... we need to get some straight answers in these sorts of topics, not "derpaherp run this obscure and outdated 'detection' routine on your nonexistent router".

/rant

Excuse me while I go filtering through the next Google results hoping someone else is more helpful.

edit:
Sash wrote:
then no more comment from me on this
...
Sash wrote:
why dont u read my posts?!
This is what made me raeg. "sorry, I'm just useless post-whoring to get over 10,000 posts" and then out of nowhere, "hurr why don't you read my useless reply!"... Rolling Eyes
_________________
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum