Asus RT-N12 now supported

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 38, 39, 40  Next
GnatGoSplat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will it be possible to flash back to stock FW after switching to DD-WRT?
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just flashed my router with the new firmware. I was wondering if I can flash my router in the future with any dd-wrt firmware(that takes less than 4mb of memory of course) or if I have to wait for dd-wrt firmware updates specifically for the Rt-n12 router.
TurtleFang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dokman wrote:
I got mine to work. I couldn't get the Asus gui to load the trx file, so I used the instructions from Asus recovery tool. I used instructions 1-6.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation

I made it into a wireless bridge from these instructions.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Bridge

Just to confirm, when you used instructions 1-6 as noted above, did you go straight from the Asus firmware to the final image, or did you use a progression of images to get to the final point?

If you did do a progression, which images did you cycle through? Just want to make sure that when I go to do the same thing soon, that others can benefit from your experience.

Thanks,
-TurtleFang
DaveK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 23:19    Post subject: Upgraded to DD WRT Reply with quote
I plugged in the box to a LAN port from my Laptop, went into the ASUS GUI interface and went to the firmware page and did a browse until I found the DD WRT firmware (the .trx file) and did an upload. It worked perfectly for me. I have never done such an easy upgrade - mostly have had to work with TFT and all sorts of commands. Up and running and I will tailor it to my network params. Ordered yesterday, received today, DD WRT up and running at 3pm. Thanks OP.
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wiki page started, if someone would like to update it with a proper flash procedure.

Asus RT-N12

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
TurtleFang wrote:
Dokman wrote:
I got mine to work. I couldn't get the Asus gui to load the trx file, so I used the instructions from Asus recovery tool. I used instructions 1-6.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation

I made it into a wireless bridge from these instructions.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Bridge

Just to confirm, when you used instructions 1-6 as noted above, did you go straight from the Asus firmware to the final image, or did you use a progression of images to get to the final point?

If you did do a progression, which images did you cycle through? Just want to make sure that when I go to do the same thing soon, that others can benefit from your experience.

Thanks,
-TurtleFang

Yes I went straight to the final version from the Asus firmware.
Dokman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got several of these router. The second one I have took the update through the Asus gui. Took less than five minutes. Just unzip the mini_RT-N12.zip and go into the Asus gui, admin section, firware update and load the trx file. Then if that doesn't work do the steps I posted earlier.
though
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
this seems to be the official RT-N12 hardware thread, so, does anyone have anything positive or negative to report regarding these routers compared to the linksys WRT54GL or Buffalo units??
Core2Quad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 20:25    Post subject: Just got one Reply with quote
Just got this router... ordered it mid day on Monday from buy.com for $27 with free next business day delivery. It arrived at my house mid day Tuesday! AMAZING PRICE and FAST shipping!

Loading the DDWRT firmware was very easy. Just download it, extract it, then go to 192.168.1.1 username = admin pass = admin, and then click on the firmware at the top of the page, select browse and point it to the extracted DDWRT firmware. Wait 3 minutes and its done!

The one thing I'm a little disapoined about is that overclocking is not supported, and boosing up the signal strength is also not supported.

Will these features be coming down the road? Or is there something in this router that makes this impossible to impliment???
deafninja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can the mini be used to configure this as a repeater or is that only available with the standard?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
mini will work.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
though
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 0:06    Post subject: Re: Just got one Reply with quote
not for sure on the overclcocking but pretty sure you can boost the signal with mini.....

Core2Quad wrote:
Just got this router... ordered it mid day on Monday from buy.com for $27 with free next business day delivery. It arrived at my house mid day Tuesday! AMAZING PRICE and FAST shipping!

Loading the DDWRT firmware was very easy. Just download it, extract it, then go to 192.168.1.1 username = admin pass = admin, and then click on the firmware at the top of the page, select browse and point it to the extracted DDWRT firmware. Wait 3 minutes and its done!

The one thing I'm a little disapoined about is that overclocking is not supported, and boosing up the signal strength is also not supported.

Will these features be coming down the road? Or is there something in this router that makes this impossible to impliment???
deafninja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
----- Edit
I got the firmware to update with no problems but I have tried a dozen ways to configure as a repeater. I currently have a Dlink upstairs (N) and then Linksys (g) downstairs running with dd-wrt as a repeater and no problems. I am now trying to configure the ASUS as a repeater and i have been able to connect but it says no internet access.------

Ok issue was that I was not setting the ip on the repeater outside of the subnet of the router.

Next problem is when I connect to the repeater I am only showing connection of 54 but if my laptop connects directly to my router I get about 150 or so.
calvinccli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, i have the firmware updated with this router and set it as client bridge. But it is not stable. It is up for a while, then it will stop working. I will not be able to reach the browser page to see the status, and have to unplug and replug the router again for it to work..

I don't have this issue with other client bridge that i setup using DD-WRT with netgear or linksys router.

Anyone have this issue ?
though
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
do you have the wireless power cranked up? that could be overworking/overheating it.....

calvinccli wrote:
ok, i have the firmware updated with this router and set it as client bridge. But it is not stable. It is up for a while, then it will stop working. I will not be able to reach the browser page to see the status, and have to unplug and replug the router again for it to work..

I don't have this issue with other client bridge that i setup using DD-WRT with netgear or linksys router.

Anyone have this issue ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 38, 39, 40  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 40
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: