Guide: NTFS Read/Write support now possible! (K2.4 & 2.6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
fggs
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks nhsqr! I will add your comments to the guide! As for the chmod thing is just a "to be sure" thing.. perhaps WinSCP already set this permission while transfering it. Also can you post your ntfs-3g version? Maybe by issuing ntfs-3g -v. I just want to know if ipkg-opt installed 2009.4.4 version.
Sponsor
nhsqr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
It wasn't set but all other libraries were so I chmod-ed it also just "to be sure" like you said. :)

ntfs-3g -v
doesn't work but I am sure it is version 2009.4.4

this is it: http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/ntfs-3g_2009.4.4-1_mipsel.ipk
fggs
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, topic updated, please post if explanations are not clear. I've used /opt/ instead of /opt/lib/ but shouldn't matter.
pokazene_maslo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried that optware way and I have a strange problem. I proceeded along this tutorial: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware
and after installing ntfs-3g and imsmoded fuse.ko mounting ntfs drive was working. Then I did what was written in "Running at startup" section of that optware tutorial. Then I rebooted my router to see if is working and there comes the problem. I checked mount command and /opt was not mounted. I tried manually mounting ntfs drive and this was result:
Code:
root@DD-WRT:/jffs# ntfs-3g /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /mnt
-sh: ntfs-3g: not found

then I tried to manually run that startup script from optware tutorial:
Code:
root@DD-WRT:/jffs/etc/config# ls
optware.startup
root@DD-WRT:/jffs/etc/config# optware.startup
-sh: optware.startup: not found
What now?
stuntsy99
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
@fggs

Yea sorry made a typo there Embarassed .. i know what im doing though Very Happy

@pokazene_maslo

Sounds like you havent installed the ntfs-3g package properly... It cant find the script.
pokazene_maslo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
stuntsy99 wrote:
Sounds like you havent installed the ntfs-3g package properly... It cant find the script.
But ntfs mounting worked until router restart.

edit:
now I tried to install it without using optware and it doesn't work:
Code:
root@DD-WRT:/jffs# ipkg install ntfs-3g_2009.4.4-1-fuseint_mipsel.ipk
ERROR: File not found: /jffs/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/whiterussian
       You probably want to run `ipkg update'
ERROR: File not found: /jffs/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/non-free
ERROR: File not found: /jffs/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/backports
Unpacking ntfs-3g...Done.
Configuring ntfs-3g...Done.
root@DD-WRT:/jffs# chmod +x /jffs/fuse.ko
root@DD-WRT:/jffs# insmod /jffs/fuse.ko
ntfs-3g: can't resolve symbol 'setlocale'
fggs
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps I'm not making myself clear on the guide. I meant Administration > Commands, then Save as Startup Script. In case you already have a Startup Script, just edit it and sdd those lines. Same for Shutdown Script. I will change that.

@ pokazene_maslo: Please do "ipkg list_installed | grep fuse*", then "ipkg list_installed | grep ntfs*", post results.
pokazene_maslo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
fggs wrote:
Perhaps I'm not making myself clear on the guide. I meant Administration > Commands, then Save as Startup Script. In case you already have a Startup Script, just edit it and sdd those lines. Same for Shutdown Script. I will change that.
Ok put them into GUI->administration->commands, but it still doesn't work.
fggs wrote:
@ pokazene_maslo: Please do "ipkg list_installed | grep fuse*", then "ipkg list_installed | grep ntfs*", post results.

those commands do not work:
Code:
root@DD-WRT:/jffs# ipkg list_installed | grep fuse*

usage: ipkg [options...] sub-command [arguments...]
where sub-command is one of:
*and so on* :)
fggs
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not an expert with ipkg, so you will have to wait for someone that is to come. Do you have lots of ipkg programs installed? Also you said that you installed optware, if so, you should have use ipkg-opt instead of ipkg. If you are not using optware, and don't have much ipkg programs installed, try to clear your jffs and start over.
fggs
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was trying to help pokazene_maslo via pm, but as I'm not an expert of ipkg nor optware I couldn't help him much. He said he installed ntfs-3g with optware and was having "setlocale" error, and I told him to type "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib:/opt/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH". He can now use ntfs-3g without errors, but he is having a new problem. Code below:

Code:
root@DD-WRT:/jffs# cd /mnt
root@DD-WRT:/mnt# ls
root@DD-WRT:/mnt# mkdir skuska
root@DD-WRT:/mnt# ls
root@DD-WRT:/mnt# ntfs-3g /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /mnt
ntfs-3g-mount: failed to access mountpoint /mnt: Input/output error

Does anybody have a suggestion?
got_milk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've gone ahead and created a new package for ntfs-3g, with the latest version (2009-11-14), which will include many bugfixes between the two versions.

If someone could test and let me know (the instructions in the first post will still work) that would be great!

(As always, use at your own risk! I am not responsible for any damages or loss of data as a result, either directly or indirectly, of the use of this program.)

ntfs3g-2009-11-14-milk.ipk.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ntfs3g-2009-11-14-milk.ipk.rar
 Filesize:  5.71 KB
 Downloaded:  1589 Time(s)

Netgear WNDR3700 - OpenWRT Kamikaze Bleeding Edge Trunk Builds
(retired) Linksys WRT310N v1 - DD-WRT v24-sp2 build 15693 std-nokaid-small NEWD2 K2.6
pokazene_maslo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's working!! I cleared jffs and started from scratch with the optware way. Now I have ntfs-3g installed on /jffs. Is it now possible to install more optware packages on mounted external ntfs drive? jffs is running out of free space...

PS: thanks to all of you, especially to fggs.
fggs
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Glad I could help! About the optware, yes, it's possible, you will have to create a partition on your drive and mount /opt there, but read the optware thread to make sure. I've never used optware.
m00nman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
ipkg that's on the router is different from ipkg-opt. So from what I can see you need to install ntfs-3g with ipkg. After it's working you can go ahead and install all the optware.
I did that and ntfs-3g and the optware are working.

Nethear R6300 v2 - Latest Kong dd-wrt always
Linksys E3000 - Latest dd-wrt always
Asus RT-N56U - OpenWRT trunk
got_milk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay guys, here goes nothing...

I've taken Eko's K2.6 build (13527) and added both the FUSE module to it and the ntfs-3g application. It's a rough add-in, I know, FUSE probably should be built into the kernel - but I'm not up to trying to build a kernel for DD-WRT just yet. :D

This build appears to work on my WRT310N, but PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LOAD THIS BUILD UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER RECOVERY TOOLS (JTAG, SERIAL). I will not be held responsible for bricking any routers - you choose in the end what builds you want to load.

The FUSE module should automatically load upon router startup. When the router boots, you should be able to go straight to mounting whatever drives you would like.

(I'm not necessarily sure if we're allowed to be re-upping modified versions of the firmware, if not, let me know and I'll take it down/or a mod can take it down, sorry in advance).

Again, let me know how things go.

[edit: removed attachment, new version coming soon (hopefully)]

Netgear WNDR3700 - OpenWRT Kamikaze Bleeding Edge Trunk Builds
(retired) Linksys WRT310N v1 - DD-WRT v24-sp2 build 15693 std-nokaid-small NEWD2 K2.6

Last edited by got_milk on Sun Jan 03, 2010 19:03; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 13
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: