@ LOM - Need opinion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
greekstile
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Macgyver wrote:
Eko wrote:
Ok... but who said 600n is supported with Newd-2 driver? I didn't... newd-2 k24 supports only wrt610nv1 officially. All the rest is experimenting.

we are experimenting...just trying to figure some things out here with no success :P

We know the 600N bricks with K26...but it was supposed to work initially...so maybe newd2 is why? Just thinking out loud here and sharing thoughts

I haven't flashed any recent builds on either of my 600N's. But on both my 1.0 and 1.1, I never experienced any of these issues with NEWD-2. Both radios always initialized perfectly upon every flash and subsequent reboot. Never once have I observed any of this strange behavior.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
frater wrote:
silence....

It's not a priority. I got bitchslapped by LOM for even bringing it up. I can't figure out why they're being so obtuse about this. Maybe we didn't bow and scrape enough??
greekstile
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Keep in mind, 2.4GHz Tx power still isn't working for many routers either. Point is, even though we may think it's an important issue, the devs apparently, do not.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 21:39    Post subject: Re: @ LOM - Need opinion Reply with quote
Holy Threadjacked post. What the frig does the discussion in the latter part of this thread have to do with the question BW asked LOM, specifically, about?

barryware wrote:
The plan is to install the flash chip from the V1, to the fubar'd V1.1.. Aught'a work.. Right?

An alternative is I have a 300 V1.1 that I can jtag all day but it won't run cuz of some other hardware problem.. I was thinking of flashing a 600 cfe on the 300, then swapping the flash chip..

Wadda'ya think?

No wonder people are getting bitch slapped....you turned this thread into a bitch session.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
n3IVI0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Frater probably posted in this thread because he thought Eko was monitoring it. He keeps contacting Eko, trying to get a response regarding some issues that are negatively affecting his ORW script, and is not getting any response. Hence the threadjack...
Blazian
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
greekstile wrote:
Macgyver wrote:
Eko wrote:
Ok... but who said 600n is supported with Newd-2 driver? I didn't... newd-2 k24 supports only wrt610nv1 officially. All the rest is experimenting.

we are experimenting...just trying to figure some things out here with no success :P

We know the 600N bricks with K26...but it was supposed to work initially...so maybe newd2 is why? Just thinking out loud here and sharing thoughts

I haven't flashed any recent builds on either of my 600N's. But on both my 1.0 and 1.1, I never experienced any of these issues with NEWD-2. Both radios always initialized perfectly upon every flash and subsequent reboot. Never once have I observed any of this strange behavior.

Have you tried power cycling your router right after you loaded newd2 firmware? I do this all the time. If you don't power cycle you will not get the issue, but if you get a power outage it will do it.

WRT54G v5 BS micro 14684(RB)
greekstile
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blazian wrote:
Have you tried power cycling your router right after you loaded newd2 firmware? I do this all the time. If you don't power cycle you will not get the issue, but if you get a power outage it will do it.

Yes, I always power cycle after flashing. And have power cycled many times since. I remember both you and Macgyver reporting this issue upon first flashing NEWD-2 builds on your routers. But I never saw it then, and I have yet to see it now. Maybe this week, I will flash a recent build if I can find the time. But I don't think it will matter.

Navigation

Jump to: