URGENT NOTICE FOR WRT320N USERS: PLEASE READ!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
jinjorge
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
from the top cmd, your cpu is 91% idle so it looks like the gui is incorrectly reporting the load avg.

I was seeing the same thing with svn 13309 and updated to the one svn ver in my sig and I don't have the problem with the incorrectly reported load avg.

J

diesel2k
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same thing happen on me on build 13562. CPU in gui was high but not when I looked at TOP.
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try Build 13575. I think it contains the important fix for bug [Enabled UPNP may falsely create full Load=1.0 in the Web GUI]. It was fixed sometime before Build 13575.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads
Path: Downloads › others › eko › V24-K26

My routers:
- 1 Linksys E3000
- 4 Linksys E2000
- 4 Linksys WRT320n [DD-WRT svn13575 std-nokaid] working well in WDS setup, 5Ghz N-speeds only.
- 2 Airlink AR670W [DD-WRT build 14537] working well in WDS setup, 2.4Ghz N-speeds only.
- 2 Netgear WDNR3300 [DD-WRT svn13577 std-nokaid] working well in AP-Repeater-Bridge setup, 5Ghz N-speeds only.
- Airlink AR325W G-router and Belkin F5D7230-4 v1444 [DD-WRT v23 sp2 micro] working well in Repeater-Bridge setup, G-speeds only.
- D-Link DI-614+ B-router, sitting around, wanna buy it?

Recent fixes timeline:
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline?from=01%2F11%2F2010&daysback=30&changeset=on&update=Update

Linksys 320n Path: Downloads › others › eko › V24-K26 › svn13575

Airlink AR670W Path: Downloads › others › eko › BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2 › 12-28-09-r13525 › airlink101-ar670w
Climax69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
bbb_forever wrote:
Try Build 13575. I think it contains the important fix for bug [Enabled UPNP may falsely create full Load=1.0 in the Web GUI]. It was fixed sometime before Build 13575.

UPNP was fixed in build: 13527
joe1chen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:32    Post subject: Bricked after overclock Reply with quote
I had my wrt320n working perfectly fine with Eko 13493 build but stupidly decided to try the overclock listed in the forums. Bad idea.. now it's blinking blue and will not respond to pings.

I tried holding the WPS button down to try to reset the router but it just keeps on blinking blue.

Also, tried to use the GPIO6 grounding trick, but either I'm doing it wrong or it just doesn't work for some reason. I am using a needle to ground GPIO6 to the radio shield and then powering up the router for 8-10s. But the power light keeps on blinking blue.

I've already read the 47 page thread and several other threads on debricking the 320n. Could someone please give me additional things to try?

The last thing would be to try using the serial cable.

Does anyone know if overclocking could have permanently bricked the router? Or will I be able to debrick using serial cable?
jinjorge
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I tried holding the WPS button down to try to reset the router but it just keeps on blinking blue.

I don't think the WPS button was enable as the reset in 13493. You may want to try the 30-30-30 reset using the reset button.

J

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got my FTDI TTL-232R-3V3 kabel today and after some hours spending time to how to debrick i got it debricked finaly.

Router is now running fine again,

I hope someone can make a step to step manual
from a to z someday. pfffffff it was hard to do.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dutchman01 wrote:

I hope someone can make a step to step manual
from a to z someday. pfffffff it was hard to do.

You, while you still have it fresh in memory? Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
joe1chen wrote:
I had my wrt320n working perfectly fine with Eko 13493 build but stupidly decided to try the overclock listed in the forums. Bad idea.. now it's blinking blue and will not respond to pings.

Also, tried to use the GPIO6 grounding trick, but either I'm doing it wrong or it just doesn't work for some reason. I am using a needle to ground GPIO6 to the radio shield and then powering up the router for 8-10s. But the power light keeps on blinking blue.

I've already read the 47 page thread and several other threads on debricking the 320n. Could someone please give me additional things to try?

The last thing would be to try using the serial cable.

Does anyone know if overclocking could have permanently bricked the router? Or will I be able to debrick using serial cable?

You're not alone in that boat.
The same result befell my wrt320n 2 months ago after playing with overclocking. As of today, it's still a brick. I bought a serial adapter but it didn't do any good; it's the same as trying to open a connection to a frying pan.
I've been in touch with another person facing the same problem (he also tried serial). The only thing that could possibly bring it back to life is a complete flash erase using JTAG.
anton
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
bbb_forever wrote:

*** Instructions on How to flash-install DD-WRT onto your Linksys 320n router for the FIRST TIME ***

- Reboot the router, so that it is fresh, and make sure certain things work on the Linksys firmware:

- LAN computers can connect to the router.
- Wireless computers can connect to the router.
- Internet access works.
- Network browsing to see other computer names works.
- File sharing works.
- You know how to ping your router's and computer's IP address.
- Anything else you deem important for your router to be able to do with original Linksys firmware.

It means:

1, will be enought reboot from webGUI (Administration\Diagnostic\Reboot button) and then flash mini_wrt320n.bin. (my settings e.g. internet connection type, router IP, DHCP server setting stay unchanged).

or

2, i have to do reset to factory defaults (Administration\Factory defaults button)...and wait for ask to change password when login to the webGUI before flashing mini_wrt320n.bin.

Thanks Confused
bbb_forever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
anton wrote:

It means:

1, will be enought reboot from webGUI (Administration\Diagnostic\Reboot button) and then flash mini_wrt320n.bin. (my settings e.g. internet connection type, router IP, DHCP server setting stay unchanged).

or

2, i have to do reset to factory defaults (Administration\Factory defaults button)...and wait for ask to change password when login to the webGUI before flashing mini_wrt320n.bin.

Thanks Confused

Good point.

It is better to do Option 2. Reset to factory defaults BEFORE flashing the firmware.

This option will establish a known baseline for all the internal values and settings on the router before changing to a different firmware.

If possible, keep the existing Linksys firmware password as the same (blank or whatever it is). It should be in the Linksys manual.

So I added it to my "Instructions" post.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=387012#387012
Borat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
bbb_forever wrote:

bbb_forever - I used your detailed step-by-step instructions in your earlier to post to re-flash my WRT320N (refurb) & it went smoothly -- I've been hammering the poor router since Friday night & it hasn't missed a beat. I figured a refurb will probably either fail pretty quickly or last as long as a normal device, so let's find out which one I have!

Anyway, just wanted to say "thanks" for your detailed instructions, they were a big help.
bbb_forever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Borat wrote:
bbb_forever wrote:

bbb_forever - I used your detailed step-by-step instructions in your earlier to post to re-flash my WRT320N (refurb) & it went smoothly -- I've been hammering the poor router since Friday night & it hasn't missed a beat. I figured a refurb will probably either fail pretty quickly or last as long as a normal device, so let's find out which one I have!

Anyway, just wanted to say "thanks" for your detailed instructions, they were a big help.

You're welcome.

I have two refurb Linksys 320n routers, and they're working fine for the past month. I did notice that the cords on one of the power adapter is a bit flaky (probably from too much bending).
But if I don't touch or move the router, it's fine.

I think a lot of people return routers simple because they cannot get it set-up correctly or don't like the wireless range or speed of the router.

But most refurbs routers are excellent working units in my experience.

My routers:
- 1 Linksys E3000
- 4 Linksys E2000
- 4 Linksys WRT320n [DD-WRT svn13575 std-nokaid] working well in WDS setup, 5Ghz N-speeds only.
- 2 Airlink AR670W [DD-WRT build 14537] working well in WDS setup, 2.4Ghz N-speeds only.
- 2 Netgear WDNR3300 [DD-WRT svn13577 std-nokaid] working well in AP-Repeater-Bridge setup, 5Ghz N-speeds only.
- Airlink AR325W G-router and Belkin F5D7230-4 v1444 [DD-WRT v23 sp2 micro] working well in Repeater-Bridge setup, G-speeds only.
- D-Link DI-614+ B-router, sitting around, wanna buy it?

Recent fixes timeline:
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline?from=01%2F11%2F2010&daysback=30&changeset=on&update=Update

Linksys 320n Path: Downloads › others › eko › V24-K26 › svn13575

Airlink AR670W Path: Downloads › others › eko › BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2 › 12-28-09-r13525 › airlink101-ar670w
PhoenixDown
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wish I saw this thread first... I just went right on ahead to the linksys default firmware page and uploaded the dd-wrt.v24-13493_NEWD-2_K2.6_voip.bin

It actually seems to work okay *keeps fingers crossed*

I did however spend about an hour because the Router/DD-WRT firmware didn't like me using Admin as the username. It wouldn't allow me to save changes. I had to reset to defaults and choose a different username.
Skarru
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Borat wrote:
bbb_forever wrote:

Sorry but I don't understand one thing in the bbb-forever's detailed guide: I still need to "erase" nvram by grounding the gpio6 or is no more necessary?

Thanks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: