[Split] WRT160N v3 vlan's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hvandrie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got myself a new WRT160N v3... of course immediately upgraded to DD-WRT (dd-wrt.v24-13309_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini)

But, also... despite seeing VLAN tab and able to configure it, it's not possible to assign WAN port to a different vlan. Once you restart it, it's reset to vlan 2 again Crying or Very sad

Would be nice if it could be more clearly stated whether or not VLAN support is limited or not supported for models.

Also still got a bricked WRT320N, bricked it by only committing some nvram settings. Despite all tries to debrick it, using GPIO6 short to radio shield etc... it still is only flashing it's powerled to me. Serial console didn't want to work... but, Yann yesterday sent me a really good detailed message to debrick WRT320N... so, as soon as I am able, will give it a shot...
Only, hope that VLAN support will be coming better available to these latest Linksys models... now it sucks with DD-WRT.

Saw newer WRT160NL model supported by OpenWRT Kamikaze trunk. Faster model, 8 MB RAM, USB storage link port... maybe give that a shot too... hmm, darn... no VLAN support too (http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start --> WIP: LinkSys WRT160NL)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: