D-Link DIR-615

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
rociologa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Getting to uboot / recovery flash mode:
0) unplug your router
1) Press in and hold your reset button and do NOT release
2) While holding the reset button, plug the power back into your router and continue to hold the reset button
3) The status light will come on and hold and eventually it will start blinking ever 1/2 - 1 second. Once it starts to repeatedly flash, release the reset button and connect an ethernet cord to your PC (if you haven't already).
4) Go into your PC's network settings and assign yourself the private IP of 192.168.0.2
5) The router is now in recover mode and is listening to HTTP request on 192.168.0.1
6) Open up Internet explorer (or Firefox, just make sure you clear your caches in both) and navigate to 192.168.0.1
7) You are now in the recovery flash GUI
Sponsor
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 19:44    Post subject: Re: can you post the download for modified TEW-652BRP Ver 1 Reply with quote
dp-choppergage wrote:
bitbear wrote:
dp-choppergage wrote:
Ecoholic wrote:
dp-choppergage wrote:
Just got back to DLink offical on DIR-615 REV C. I'm just testing putting Trednet TEW-652BRP Ver 1 on Dlink DIR-615 then finally it WORK! I was changed the "HEX" code on Trednet firmware to exact fit. Everything just work fine. no problem. Its very stable so far.

can you post the download for modified TEW-652BRP Ver 1? thx G

Sure. Here you go. Download link below

Is that one better than the dlink original one?
The dlink firmware for dir615 in QoS setting is so bad.

Yes. QoS set automatic. You don't need config it

Thx for the reply but I did not see the link, how is the firmware? stable? any problems?

Packet up... packet in.... dd-wrt came to win... My router crashed...thats kind of a sin...I pressed and I back up...Nvram take the slack up....Try and play with me I got the Jtag for backup....Jump aroud Jump around
amf5
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like the DIR-615C/TEW-632/52BRP is supported as of revision 13827 - anyone brave enough to try and flash it?

edit: download link
Kewlj1313
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Successfuly Flashed my DIR-615 Rev C1 with tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin from (http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/02-03-10-r13832/) after I changed the hardware ID via a hex editor (NEO on Windows) to 00AP81-AR9130-RT-070614-02 I was able to flash it directly from the d-link firmware update on the router.

DD-wrt is working great thus far, it says that the router is a tew632brp in the dd-wrt settings etc, but all is well!

Thanks Smile and Cheers!

I've attached the dd-wrt firmware that I hex edited to work with my DIR-615 C1. I'm not sure if it will work for you but it worked great for me!

Last edited by Kewlj1313 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 16:21; edited 1 time in total
Polydwarf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kewlj1313 wrote:
Successfuly Flashed my DIR-615 Rev C1 with tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin from (http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/02-03-10-r13832/) after I changed the hardware ID via a hex editor (NEO on Windows) to 00AP81-AR9130-RT-070614-02 I was able to flash it directly from the d-link firmware update on the router.

DD-wrt is working great thus far, it says that the router is a tew632brp in the dd-wrt settings etc, but all is well!

Thanks Smile and Cheers!

I've attached the dd-wrt firmware that I hex edited to work with my DIR-615 C1. I'm not sure if it will work for you but it worked great for me!

Newb poster here, but this seems to be working fine for me as well on my DIR-615 rev C1, at least at a basic level. DHCP works, wireless works, routing works, upnp seems to be working. I haven't gone very far into the weeds, though.

It also fixed some issues with one of my wireless devices (a new SmartQ v7 tablet) not really wanting to connect to my DIR-615.
rainlake
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
flash is successful.but I just get 130M link with 40M channel width. can you post your configuration?
I'm not new with dd-wrt. but there are much more configuration sections on this N router.thanks!

Kewlj1313 wrote:

Thanks Smile and Cheers!

Borage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you tell me if there is a superchannel tab in wireless settings.
rainlake
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes
Borage wrote:
Can you tell me if there is a superchannel tab in wireless settings.
Borage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks! Did anyone activated and tested it?
ellopr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys. I am having problems trying to upload the firmware to my DIR-615 revC1. I have try to upload it directly from the router menu but it says:

The uploaded firmware file may not be correct. You may have uploaded a file that is not intended for this device, or the uploaded file may be corrupted.

I am in firmware 3.11NA (the latest one)

Please advice
rainlake
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
you should modify it before upload useing a hex editor
ellopr wrote:
Hey guys. I am having problems trying to upload the firmware to my DIR-615 revC1. I have try to upload it directly from the router menu but it says:

The uploaded firmware file may not be correct. You may have uploaded a file that is not intended for this device, or the uploaded file may be corrupted.

Please advice
ellopr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had edited it myself and also tried the one on the above post. Still the same message.

rainlake wrote:
ellopr wrote:

Please advice
rainlake
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
dont forget insert '00' in '00AP81-AR9130-RT-070614-02' it's not 0x00 0x00.
ellopr wrote:
I had edited it myself and also tried the one on the above post. Still the same message.

rainlake wrote:
ellopr wrote:

Please advice
OpenMedia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got my DIR-615 C2 (NZ Model) running the tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin firmware release 02-03-10-r13832. I modified the hardware ID to 00AP81-AR9130-RT-070614-02 using ghex under Linux.

Overall the device appears to be stable, but there are a couple of odd niggles.

Has anyone here tried any throughput tests?

I have a Macbook with 802.11N class wireless that can usually do well over 100Mbps from my server over wired and over 50Mbps over wireless with the DLink firmware.

With dd-wrt I'm getting
    WAN -> LAN around 60Mbps
    WAN -> WLAN around 15Mbps

I've also played with OpenWRT on this device, and like the fact I can save settings to jffs. It appears that the dd-wrt image has no room for a jffs filesystem. Any way I can confirm this?
nonono
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kewlj1313 wrote:

Thanks Smile and Cheers!

thank you so much
i have the dir-615 router (version C1) and was going to buy another router due to frequent disconnection/resets.

i installed the tew652brp yesterday after changing the hardware id following your post.

everything is working fine except for my HP 2605dn network printer. i tried to add a printer but my pc is not seeing the printer. i'm running windows 7. can this be fixed ? do i've to change some settings in the router page ?

other than that, i don't have any problems (maybe the power light is not ON..but who cares) and have no issues with the connection.

once again thank you
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 31
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: