Who's the BIGGEST DD-wrt Ho?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Mordak
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
They are all running in my house!!! No coverage issues here. LMAO!!! It's just a hobby and better than drugs and cheaper than a mistress and the subsequent divorce. Wink Twisted Evil Laughing

ASUS AC3200
Linksys WRT32X
Linksys WRT3200 ACM
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mordak wrote:
They are all running in my house!!! No coverage issues here. LMAO!!! It's just a hobby and better than drugs and cheaper than a mistress and the subsequent divorce. Wink Twisted Evil Laughing

Cheaper to keep'er Razz

I got some silly $hit going.. a wireless network capable printer, I have a router set up as a client bridge and the printer connected via cat5 to the bridge Very Happy

So far.. I think you are winning.. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have an HP printer that has battery and an "optional" wireless module, if you want I will get the model for you. It's kind of "notebook printer"
Mordak
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
Mordak wrote:

Cheaper to keep'er Razz

I got some silly $hit going.. a wireless network capable printer, I have a router set up as a client bridge and the printer connected via cat5 to the bridge Very Happy

So far.. I think you are winning.. Twisted Evil
I have 2 printers setup that way in my house one downstairs one up. Some older desktops the kids use that don't have wireless cards use wrt54g's as client bridges. Plus I have an older desktop down in my basement workshop that has a wrt54g connecting it to my main wireless router. Laughing

ASUS AC3200
Linksys WRT32X
Linksys WRT3200 ACM
ackray
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unfortunately more Pro than Ho here.

I usually only have two or three kicking around at home for my use. I mix em up with my other Frankenstein stuff, SG-20's workstations and servers.

The TM's are my favorite by far.

Anyone want to chime in on the oddest use for a DD-WRT?

2x WRT54G
1x WRT54G2
2x WRT160NL
1x WHR-G125
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
ackray wrote:

Night Light Razz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
ackray wrote:

Night Light Razz
Yeah 20+ routers has the effect of lighting the room up especially those blue LED's. Laughing

ASUS AC3200
Linksys WRT32X
Linksys WRT3200 ACM
Mordak
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
ackray wrote:
Unfortunately more Pro than Ho here.

I usually only have two or three kicking around at home for my use. I mix em up with my other Frankenstein stuff, SG-20's workstations and servers.

The TM's are my favorite by far.

LOL only 15 TM's, and I thought I was nuts. Very Happy Twisted Evil

ASUS AC3200
Linksys WRT32X
Linksys WRT3200 ACM
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just ordered one of the 18 dollar TM's from cowboom.. If you go to the end of the listing pages, they are complete. Also have a wrt54gs v1 on the way Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
so...let's try to calculate.

my first wi-man had 35 Clients 4 nodes (3 routers wired by nodes) this give 47 Wrt54gl

the seccond had 50 Clients and also 4 nodes (2 routers by nodes) this give 58 WRT54GL

then i order 25 motorola WR850, then 10 WHR-HP G54, during 2 years there was lot of storms so i change 10% of all by years.

Then i bought 15 foneras

then i change the backbones with WHR-HP-AG 108 (8 pieces) to use 802.11a links (at the end the two wi-man covered 200km² in mountain county)

since two years i don't purchase a lot of routers (maybe 15 or 20 by years), because now i'm selling my knowledge and no routers ;)

so this give as result something arround 213 devices.... all in dd-wrt. so this was for my own wiman i did not take into account routers sets for my Isp friends who call me time to time. I hope that i will buy more routers in 2010 this will mean the Crisis end. Hoping we soon drink champagne ...happy new years to all!

DD-WRT WDS MESH + DASHBOARD (fr), DD-WRT network setting tool (tools.yzy-oui-fi.com), Wifi Business and IT guy After hours, My Blog, Free DD-WRT VPN Community(www.wrt-pptp-ww.com), DD-WRT pré-réglés pour réseau outdoor(hotspot.yzy-oui-fi.com), Nouveau Forum DD-WRT francophone

Last edited by yzy-oui-fi on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:31; edited 1 time in total
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
yzy-oui-fi wrote:
so...let's try to calculate.

my first wi-man had 35 Clients 4 nodes (3 routers wired by nodes) this give 47 Wrt54gl

the seccond had 50 Clients and also 4 nodes (2 routers by nodes) this give 58 WRT54GL

then i order 25 motorola WR850, then 10 WHR-HP G54, during 2 years there was lot of storms so i change 10% of all by years.

Then i bought 15 foneras

then i change the backbones with WHR-HP-AG 108 (8 pieces) to use 802.11a links (at the end the two wi-man covered 200km² in mountain county)

since two years i don't purchase a lot of routers (maybe 15 or 20 by years), because now i'm selling my knowing and not routers ;)

so this give as result something arround 213 devices.... all in dd-wrt. so this was for my own wiman i did not take into account routers sets for my Isp friends who call me time to time. I hope that i will buy more routers in 2010 this will mean the Crisis end. Hoping we soon drink champagne ...happy new years to all!

Happy New Year.. You win (unless your inventory is for commercial purposes Razz )

Private, hobbiest.. I think Mordak wins but I am trying to catch up..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:

Happy New Year.. You win (unless your inventory is for commercial purposes Razz )

Private, hobbiest.. I think Mordak wins but I am trying to catch up..

Oops sorry....at home i only have 4 devices ! ;)

i 'm sure there is some who have more than me even as a hobbiest, and as a professional i'm sure to be a "little gamer"! Wink

DD-WRT WDS MESH + DASHBOARD (fr), DD-WRT network setting tool (tools.yzy-oui-fi.com), Wifi Business and IT guy After hours, My Blog, Free DD-WRT VPN Community(www.wrt-pptp-ww.com), DD-WRT pré-réglés pour réseau outdoor(hotspot.yzy-oui-fi.com), Nouveau Forum DD-WRT francophone
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just this weekend, I acquired:

1 - Linksys WRT350N
1 - Linksys WRT600N
1 - Asus RT-N16

Bringing me to 20 Units. Damn not even close to you guys.

Thinking about a WRT300N v1.1 and/or a WRT400N. I know the 400 isn't supported yet, but I'll have it for testing purposes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm down one. My WRT300N v1.1 just shut off and won't power back on not even with a new PS. No visible problems on the board. Bummer.

ASUS AC3200
Linksys WRT32X
Linksys WRT3200 ACM
Borage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
None right now, except beta testing the X86 build. I have of course other routers which fulfill my requirements. Features I badly need and probably wouldn't see in DD-WRT.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: