Address Reservation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
casedog21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:51    Post subject: Address Reservation Reply with quote
I have recently updated my router to the new SP2 firmware. I have a WRT-54GSv6 win the micro firmware working fine. I have a question though I have looked through the forums and havent really found the answer I was looking for.

Address reservation. I have some machines plugged behind my router that cannot be hard code with a static ip on my network. So on my old router I set up address reservation that went off the mac address so that they would pull the same IP each time. I may just be over looking the option or it may be called something different. I just not sure where it is. If some one would help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.
Casey
Sponsor
d00zah
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check out the WIKI:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Static_DHCP

Linux 6.1.82 #116 SMP Mon Mar 18 01:32:27 +07 2024 armv7l
Updated from: DD-WRT v3.0-r55052 std (02/02/24) via GUI (FF), NO reset
Gateway: SmartDNS, DDNS (FreeDNS), QoS, IPv4 DHCP, Static leases
AP: 2.4GHz NG-Mixed 40MHz, 5GHz AC/N-Mixed 80MHz, WPA2 w/ AES, MAC filtering, Isolated Guest VAP on wlan1, Vanilla FW
casedog21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the quick response I see the options for static lease but the page doesnt physically work on my router. I get a page cannot be displayed error. It goes to
<routerIP>/applyuser.cgi and page cannot be displayed when I click on the add.

WRT54gs with dd-wrt micro SP2

Casey
d00zah
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try holding reset button for 30 seconds... and clear browser cache & cookies just to be on the safe side.

And don't miss the note:

Remember: If you press the 'Add' button before saving the entries you just made, they will be cleared. This is normal behavior in v23.

Linux 6.1.82 #116 SMP Mon Mar 18 01:32:27 +07 2024 armv7l
Updated from: DD-WRT v3.0-r55052 std (02/02/24) via GUI (FF), NO reset
Gateway: SmartDNS, DDNS (FreeDNS), QoS, IPv4 DHCP, Static leases
AP: 2.4GHz NG-Mixed 40MHz, 5GHz AC/N-Mixed 80MHz, WPA2 w/ AES, MAC filtering, Isolated Guest VAP on wlan1, Vanilla FW
superkev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah it took me a while to figure this out too, but I got it working eventually. The "add" button is just too tempting after you've filled out the fields. Don't press it. Just press the "save" button at the bottom of the page.

What would be really cool is if you could select the MAC address of connected DHCP clients from a drop down list instead of having to type it in or copy/paste it from some other page. I've seen this on other routers and would love to see it in a future version of dd-wrt. Smile
spumanti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
What would be really cool is if you could select the MAC address of connected DHCP clients from a drop down list instead of having to type it in or copy/paste it from some other page.

YES! i would LOVE that option too Idea

Is there a wish list where such ideas can be added?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I let it sit overnight cause I had other stuff to do. Came back in the morning and the page displayed properly. Dunno why, I didnt change anything. Thanks for the help though. Yes I agree it should show connected clients so you can just select the one you would like and add the correct destination ip to assign. Great job on the firmware otherwise though. Been rock solid since I installed it.

Casey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: