[solved]TEW-632BRP a1.2R No recovery mode stock? how to DD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 17:34    Post subject: [solved]TEW-632BRP a1.2R No recovery mode stock? how to DD Reply with quote
Hey Been following a couple threads on here(main one is "Trendnet TEW-652BRP, Atheros AR9130, DLink DIR-615 C1") and thought this router TEW-632BRP 1.2R problem was unique enough to single out for its own post. I have two 1.2R that I bought new from Newegg for 24$ a piece and they both are not accessible thru the recovery flash mode, I can access the gui in NON- recovery mode at 192.168.10.1 username admin Password admin... I am using XP(i tried vista 64 and win7 64, xp is 32bit) IE and FireFox; when I try to flash any firmware in NON-Recovery GUI it will go to blank page "the page cannot be displayed" or just go on forever looking like it is going to timeout, Except DIR-615c1 firmware which tells me image is too large Wish it was not so large it might frickin work about to throw this thing gently onto the couch :O
Packet up... packet in.... dd-wrt came to win... My router crashed...thats kind of a sin...I pressed and I back up...Nvram take the slack up....Try and play with me I got the Jtag for backup....Jump aroud Jump around

Last edited by Ecoholic on Wed Mar 03, 2010 16:45; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
PS. As per Trendnet Southern Indian Tantric Tech, I should use IE7(even told them I was gonna install DD-WRT to which they promptly told me that I cannot return my router now, but still helped me for a brief moment) Since win7 64 does not support Explorer 7 so gonna try going with that on my Xp system(I was using IE6 on XP and IE 8 on Win7), wow it takes a long time to upgrade it...
Packet up... packet in.... dd-wrt came to win... My router crashed...thats kind of a sin...I pressed and I back up...Nvram take the slack up....Try and play with me I got the Jtag for backup....Jump aroud Jump around
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm gonna make the call like I did it ! it did! used a Mod firmware name dir615_revC_firmware_301_-_TRENDNET-632BRP_MOD.zip(thx to? downloaded this somewhere sorry pm me if you did) in regular 192.168.10.1 gui(grafix user interface NON recovery mode, it is hex edited file for dlink, at least usually I think.

Now at Dir-615 Firmware page yea! ok better than the last one ! now to 615 to ddwrt firmware you must unzip this file first it turns into .bin let it run 3 mins. My page did'nt resolve and it will look like you "screwed the pooch"(f'ed up)...

Last edited by Ecoholic on Tue Mar 02, 2010 21:53; edited 5 times in total
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
so after that unplug for about 30 sec reboot router, type in browser 192.168.10.1 password admin then go to tools and then firmware upgrade and select this file wait another 3 mins and page should look like it screwed up again...

Last edited by Ecoholic on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:45; edited 1 time in total
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
turn off router for another 30 plug back in and enjoy DD-WRT at 192.168.1.1 WHWEW!
abctbs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I tried to flash dd-wrt firmware on my TEW-632brp A1.2R, I encountered the same problem. I followed the following steps to load the latest dd-wrt firmware successfully.

1. download Trendnet latest firmware from Trendnet web site.
2. flash the router with the downloaded Trendnet firmware
3. flash the router with tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin (r13972) through web gui.
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
abctbs wrote:
When I tried to flash dd-wrt firmware on my TEW-632brp A1.2R, I encountered the same problem. I followed the following steps to load the latest dd-wrt firmware successfully.

1. download Trendnet latest firmware from Trendnet web site.
2. flash the router with the downloaded Trendnet firmware
3. flash the router with tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin (r13972) through web gui.

I tried that too... would not accept it though(weird) BEWARE though your method in the future might contain a gottcha where they make the updated firmware not accept dd-wrt(been known to happen) and if you cannot get into recovery mode that could be a big problem...At least until someone with skills can patch a accepable firmware.

Last edited by Ecoholic on Thu Mar 04, 2010 21:51; edited 1 time in total
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 15:51    Post subject: trendnet a1.2r dir-615 c1 dlink and similar Step BY Step Reply with quote
Hey Just adding some Keywords to the post to assist others, trendnet 1.2 tew632 1.2 tew632 1.2r tew632 a1.2, tew632 a1.2r tew-632 a1.2r tew-632 1.2r, tew-632 a1.2, tew-632 1.2 dir-615 c1 dlink d-link and similar trend net tew652 Step BY Step...Have fun!
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 18:30    Post subject: Sash, Brainslayer hebeda, joksi Reply with quote
So all is said and done have not experienced any Problems yet, I have confirmed the dir-615 c1 software to DD-WRT is exact same ver. of dd-wrt because date is 02/03/10 so hardware is the same as the tew-632 rev. a1.2r! just different bios... WORD!
pbj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
As with Ecoholic, I was lured by the $25 deal at newegg. I just bought 2 of these and successfully installed dd-wrt on both. Thanks to abctbs, the procedure was dead-simple -- no hex editing necessary. Since I'm a novice at dd-wrt, here's a step-by-step that may help other novices:

0. I have a Trendnet TEW632prb A1.2R with factory firmware rev 1.10b0013. My computer is running Windows 7 x64.

1. download tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin from BrainSlayer's "other download" section of dd-wrt.com. I used the 02-03-10-r13832 build, but I suspect the newer ones will work fine also.

2. go to TrendNet.com and download the latest firmware upgrade. I got rev 1.10b0019.

3. connect router to computer and set computer to following: address=192.168.10.9, network=255.255.255.0, gateway=192.168.10.1

4. launch IE (I read somewhere to only use IE at this stage; I used IE 8 32-bit) and browse to 192.168.10.1.

5. login to Trendnet firmware using "admin"/"admin"

6. go to Tools->Firmware and reflash the router with the new Trendnet firmware from step #2.

7. after router reboots, I waited a minute or two. Then I pulled the power on the router, waited a minute or two, and then powered up again. This is probably all unnecessary, but this is what I did.

8. login to new Trendnet firmware on router again using "admin"/"admin"

9. go to Tools->Firmware and reflash the router with the dd-wrt firmware from step #1.

10. after router reboots, change computer networking to: address=192.168.1.9, network=255.255.255.0, gateway=192.168.1.1.

11. browse (now you can use Firefox or whatever) to 192.168.1.1.

12. welcome to DD-WRT! enter a new username/password of your choosing and you are on your own.

Hopefully the above will help the DD-WRT-challenged (as I was until yesterday). As I understand it, if/when I want to upgrade to a newer version of DD-WRT, I just need to get the tew632brp-firmware.bin of the build I want from BrainSlayer's download section and reflash directly, but I've not done this yet.
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's no fun that way, Plus if you download a super updated firmware from them you might not be able to revert to dd-wrt firmware...Anyway PBJ Come on, it's Peanut Butter Jelly- Time!
generide
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 23:44    Post subject: flash DD-WRT on the Trendnet TEW-632BRP A1.2R Reply with quote
I also did successfully install the TEW-632BRP-factory to dd-wrt firmware.bin after first updating the existing firmware to TEW-632BRPv1.1 (100b19) as suggested above.

The flash did not block the dd-wrt installation and all went smoothly as expected.

I would suggest that if you have these same versions of firmware that it is safe to follow this procedure. I did not have to power cycle the router following the dd-wrt factory to dd-wrt build and I subsequently flashed the TEW-632BRP A1.1R Firmware: Webflash image with no problems and am using it now.
JohnnyO
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
pbj wrote:
here's a step-by-step that may help other novices:

I followed your steps, except I used build 14311 (dated April 23, 2010) as suggested by the router database. All seems fine for my first non-broadcom DD-WRT installation!
neocastelli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, to get the recovery mode if you have installed dd-wrt on trendnet 632brp, unplug your router, then press the reset buton and plug your router, wait 30 sec. and enter on recovery mode, 192.168.2.1

Sorry for my english, i have a spanish version if you understand.

Para volver al antiguo firmware, de Trendnet 632brp si tenes instalada la version de dd-wrt, tenes que apagar el aparato y presionar el boton de reset y volver a prenderlo, tenerlo presionado durante 30 segundos hasta que entre en recovery mode. luego hay que entrar via INTERNET EXPLORER no con otro browser en 192.168.2.1 y cargar el firmware original.

Saludos
tarzan_nojane
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 22:37    Post subject: TrendNET TEW-632BRP for less than $34 shipped Reply with quote
Amaxxx.xxx has the TrendNET TEW-632BRP vA1.2R for less than $34 with no tax (in CA) and free shipping. I ordered one last week to make sure it was the desired hardware.

Whoopee! Nice small simple black box, wall- mountable, removeable antennas.

First used the Trendet interface to upgrade their firmware to "TEW632BRPA1_FW110B19.bin" - the latest available from the Trendnet website.

Used the Build 14311 (for the vA1.1R) "tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin" via the standard TrendNet firmware upgrade interface, then the dd-wrt interface to flash "tew632brp-firmware.bin".

Couldn't have been simpler. And now dd-wrt!!! Less than 10 minutes total out-of-the-box. I am now ordering 3 more!
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: