Problem with WRT350N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Morden3141
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 16:13    Post subject: Problem with WRT350N Reply with quote
One of my friends is having some issues with his WRT 350N.

He is running the Mega Generic V.24 Build 13064 firmware.

We have followed all the recommended steps to upgrade the router and at first all seemed well.

But, we have found that when he reboots the router, it will not come up unless ass Ethernet cables (LAN & WAN) are disconnected first. I he doesn't all that happens is the router sits there unresponsive with the power LED flashing. With all the cables unplug, the router takes a VERY long time to come up (sometimes as much as 5 minutes) but eventually does, and then you can reconnect the Ethernet cables.

Also, sometimes when changing settings via the web interface, the router resets to "almost" factory defaults after applying the new setting. It goes back to the default IP, name, and SSID, but some things like port forwards and MAC filtering are not reset.

We have tried the reset/upgrade several times to see if it may have been a flaky flash, but the symptoms persist.

I have been using DD-WRT on various routers for quite a while and have never seen behaviors like this.

A couple of additional notes:
- We had upgraded to the same build of Standard prior to upgrading to Mega, and did not see the "reset to defaults" issue there, but the first time the router was rebooted after loading/installing Standard it DID require that all Ethernet cables were disconnected before it would come up... But only the first time. (This would be the second "actual" reboot. Load firmware, reboot, it comes up, reconfigure, reboot, and won't come up with cables attached)
- We also saw the "Disconnect Cables" issue in an older build of the Standard firmware, but it did not happen every time. I am unsure of the build number.
- The automagical reset to defaults has only been seen after loading the Mega firmware.
- We are running the Standard version of the same build on several other (non-350N) routers and have seen no issues.

Anyone have an clues at to what might be going on?

TIA
Morden
Sponsor
ReadtheAnnouncements!
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do a hard reset on the router and put a better build on. See my sig.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54845
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043
(We'll wait....!) Wink
Morden3141
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, but it isn't all that helpful.

We have already followed all the reset procedures properly as detailed in the threads in your sig, and I did not see anything in those threads indicating the 13064 build was unstable and suggesting a better build to use.

We are running this same build (except it is the "standard") on 6 other routers including a 600N, several 54G's, and a 54GS with no issues.

Any other thoughts or a suggestion of a better build?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
You obviously did not read the peacock announcement very carefully....
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: