2.4.37 Filesystem and USB Kernel Modules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
tpost
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any chance I can get the hfsplus module for kernel 2.6 without compiling it myself?
Sponsor
Mikler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:35    Post subject: fuse.o Reply with quote
Hi.

As soon as there is backported fuse.o for 2.4.37.9 from Oleg (http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/downloads/list - modules-1.9.2.7-d-r1222.tgz )

This modules are not working with the current kernel in the override mode, but should be possible to backport at least fuse.o, so we won't have to gamble with 2.6K.

Can someone give it a try?

Cheers
Mikler.
onzyone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I download the second pacage on this post, untar'ed it on my mac and scp'ed just the hfsplus.o over to /jffs/hfsplus.o on my wrt610n running:

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/23/10) mega
(SVN revision 13972)

on the router i run the following:
Code:

insmod /jffs/hfsplus.o

dmesg:
No module found in object

I do an ipkg install as outlined here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/USB_storage

dmesg:
No module found in object

Downloaded hfsplus.o from here:
http://www.macsat.com/macsat/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,50/topic,865.msg4858/

dmesg
no erros ... so that is good right?

I then try to mout the with the following command:
Code:
mount -t hfsplus /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /opt

check with mount.

And there is nothing mounted :(

The same holds true for hfs.o

Thanks
OnZy;
markus.fuger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 21:31    Post subject: scanner module Reply with quote
Hello everybody,

I have a new router and updated a K26 version of DD-WRT. What I want to try next is - connect my scanner to the router. Therefore I would need a kernel 2.6 module of scanner.o (kmod-usb-scanner). I have looked on several sources (dd-wrt, openwrt), but didn't find a compiled version.
I have never done any cross compiling, therefore I would be glad if somebody who is familiar with the procedure could do this for me and provide the compiled version of the scanner kernel module.

All the best and thanks in advance
Markus
marcmerlin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:52    Post subject: Re: 2.4.37 Filesystem and USB Kernel Modules Reply with quote
rkozola wrote:
I have had a few requests for kernel modules. The attached contains the following:

/fs/hfs.o (Apple HFS file system support)
/fs/hfsplus.o (Apple HFS+ (Extended HFS) file system support)
/fs/nfs.o (NFS file system support w/ NFSv3 client support)
(...)
**Built from svn 11990

Just a big thank you for building all of these. I was able to upgrade to 13064 today, installed your modules and my serial USB adapater (pl2303) worked out of the box.
So, a big THANK YOU!

Marc
yeoldeape
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 17:40    Post subject: No modules found in object Reply with quote
Hi,

Thanks so much for posting these --- unfortunately when I insmod any of these files, dmesg says "No module found in object". Am I being stupid?

I'm using v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std-usb-ftp (SVN revision: 14896) on an Asus RT-N16

Thanks!
Greg
Jmeier
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:59    Post subject: Re: No modules found in object Reply with quote
yeoldeape wrote:
Hi,

Thanks so much for posting these --- unfortunately when I insmod any of these files, dmesg says "No module found in object". Am I being stupid?

I'm using v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std-usb-ftp (SVN revision: 14896) on an Asus RT-N16

Thanks!
Greg

These won't work on your router.. You need .ko modules for 2.6 kernel.

Which one are you looking for?
yeoldeape
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Jmeier, thanks so much, I think all we need is hid.ko

Best,
Greg
Jmeier
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FPublic%2Fmodules%2F2.6.24.111%2F

It's not in there, but it might be another name or part of a different mod. Haven't needed HID, so I can't be much more help Smile
yeoldeape
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks so much again Jmeier, I hope it's built into usb-core. I'll try another device and see.

Do you know by any chance how these .ko files are created? Do they have to be compiled using a cross compiler? I wish I weren't so ignorant on this topic.

Best,
Greg
Jmeier
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Correct!

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Development#Compiling_.28custom.29_Kernel_modules_for_DD-WRT

Doesn't look hard.. Look is the key word there Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: