D-Link DIR-615

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Siniy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys, I have D-link 615 rev.C2. I'm not sure if it has the same hardware as rev.C1. Can you help me with this? FCC site doesn't have the information on C2.
I'm afraid to brick router with trendnet firmware, because the hardware might be different.
Sponsor
ara
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed my DIR-615 Rev C2 without a problem. Just had to put it in emergency flash mode and flashed it with the edited firmware.
Siniy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
ara wrote:
I flashed my DIR-615 Rev C2 without a problem. Just had to put it in emergency flash mode and flashed it with the edited firmware.

Thank you! Just flashed my C2 and at first glance everything working as it supposed to.
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 19:53    Post subject: Manually attach Pigtial from router to homemade antenna? Reply with quote
My DIR-615 REV.c1 does not seem to have Reverse SMA Antennae (antenna) connectors. Sad Hmmm What would be the easiest way to go about fastening my home made antennas to the router? I am told the d-link board will peel if too much heat is applied, should I just cut and splice in the exterior antenna cabling lmr-400 into what looks like d-links LMR-100 where it connects to the built in antenna at case transition? I am assuming this is the safest easiest way to go. Trying to get the antenna on top of my apartment Smile Any Help Appreciated

PS. Big Fozzie Bear YAAAAAY for the Developers!!!!
PPS. awesome diy antenna link
http://www.wifi-toys.com/mo-wifitoys-chapter01.pdf

Packet up... packet in.... dd-wrt came to win... My router crashed...thats kind of a sin...I pressed and I back up...Nvram take the slack up....Try and play with me I got the Jtag for backup....Jump aroud Jump around
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 17:57    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote
@ndres wrote:
UP...UP!!! Very Happy

D-Link DIR-615 A1 here!!! Confused

Hey which build you using for a1?

Packet up... packet in.... dd-wrt came to win... My router crashed...thats kind of a sin...I pressed and I back up...Nvram take the slack up....Try and play with me I got the Jtag for backup....Jump aroud Jump around
Siniy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any information about jffs? Think I would glad even for 4MB.
teraman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I loaded the firmware after making the changes and it works!!!
rabbitxstyle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for being a Noob.. but my buddy told me to check the site out and try this on our dir-615 and see if it will resolve our intermittent drops.. SO my question is: is there a step by step on loading the firmware to this?
srfrmac87
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, first time poster. I tried loading the tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin and the (DIR-615 C1 PATCHED) - tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin (that was attached) and both were rejected by the "The uploaded firmware file may not be correct. You may have uploaded a file that is not intended for this device, or the uploaded file may be corrupted." error. do i need to do the recovery mode or will this simply not work for me. i do not want to "brick" my router if at all possible. thank you for your help!
Siniy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
srfrmac87 wrote:
do i need to do the recovery mode

The answer lies in the name of the file. You need to boot in recovery mode. I think guys have already pointed on that aspect.
nyzhaoyin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kewlj1313 wrote:
Successfuly Flashed my DIR-615 Rev C1 with tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin from (http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/02-03-10-r13832/) after I changed the hardware ID via a hex editor (NEO on Windows) to 00AP81-AR9130-RT-070614-02 I was able to flash it directly from the d-link firmware update on the router.

DD-wrt is working great thus far, it says that the router is a tew632brp in the dd-wrt settings etc, but all is well!

Thanks Smile and Cheers!

I've attached the dd-wrt firmware that I hex edited to work with my DIR-615 C1. I'm not sure if it will work for you but it worked great for me!

Very Happy Very Happy THANKS it works
vkolli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 19:48    Post subject: Any success setting DIR-615C1 as client bridge Reply with quote
I was able to flash my DIR-615c1 with DD-WRT with tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin. I am trying to set it up as client bridge and connect to my primary router (Dlink DIR 655). After configuring 615 I am able to join the network and even get IP assigned to its wired clients through the bridge. However I am not able to connect to Internet or ping the primary router from these clients. I rechecked security settings and all I can think of. Any advice?
I have the same setup working with WRT54G linksys router.
Siniy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello. Anybody can confirm stable work with static IP on WAN? When I had pppoe, router was working pretty stable, but then my provider switched me to static IP. Now I have to reboot router several times a day, because it loses internet.
Also ping is unstable , when ping timeout occurs, top command shows that
" 4 2 root SW< 0 0.0 21.4 [events/0]" - 21.4% of cputime
some process "events/0" begins to consume cpu. What might it be?
bitlili
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:49    Post subject: DIR-615c2 Reply with quote
I was able to flash my DIR-615c2 with DD-WRT with tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin. But there is some problem.

first,Wireless can't use any security mode,inclue wep wap1,wap2,

second,I am use 2Mbit ADSL,before flash my DIR-615c2,it's ok,but after flash my DIR-615c2 and use it as wireless router,the speed of interenet just 400Kbit.

I rechecked security settings and all I can think of. Any advice?
vkolli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:08    Post subject: Re: Any success setting DIR-615C1 as client bridge Reply with quote
vkolli wrote:
I was able to flash my DIR-615c1 with DD-WRT with tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin. I am trying to set it up as client bridge and connect to my primary router (Dlink DIR 655). After configuring 615 I am able to join the network and even get IP assigned to its wired clients through the bridge. However I am not able to connect to Internet or ping the primary router from these clients. I rechecked security settings and all I can think of. Any advice?
I have the same setup working with WRT54G linksys router.

The problem is fixed by itself. I did not make any changes. No idea what happened. DIR615 is working fine as a client bridge.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 31
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: