Edimax BR-6524N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 14:44    Post subject: Edimax BR-6524N Reply with quote
I have the Edimax BR-6524N router. It is identificial to BR-6574N except that it 6574 has gigabit lan ports using realtek switch and 6524 has megabit lan ports and using icplus ip175c switch.
There are pre-release builds of ddwrt that run on 6574. When I flash it to 6524 the router itself works, but lan ports (and the wan port) are non-functional and I can connect to the router only using wireless.
Is it possible to make ddwrt support BR-6524N ?
Sponsor
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anybody ?

Although the router is nearly identificial to 6574 I will post the detailed specifications.

Edimax BR-6524n
FCC-ID : NDD9565240719
RAM Size : 16 MB
Flash Size : 4 MB
CPU : RT2880F
Switch : ICPLUS IP175C

The photos of the board are attached to the post.

I have browsed the ddwrt source and as I see, ralink kernel driver have support for ip175c switch, so it should be very easy to build ddwrt for the router - the configuration is exactly as for 6574 except the configuration for ralink driver.

Thank you in advance.
dxh8497
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
i understand what you said. but sash always asks people to donate money or their device if people wants dd-wrt to run on their router. he said they need a testing sample.
considered you have lots experience on flashing ddwrt and the only difference between 6524 and 6574 is the switch, i think it is not difficult for brainslayer to support this router if you could help him test the ddwrt firmware.
i hope brainslayer could read this topic. i love ddwrt, it make people happy. thank all guys who developing this good firmware.
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think in this case it is possible to build the firmware without the testing sample. I'm unable to
send the device, but I would help to test the firmware if needed. I have already found out how to
flash ddwrt to 6574 (and 6524) without using serial connection, as can be seen in this topic :
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38645&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=165 .

I also tried to get ddwrt source using svn to compile it myself with the right configuration, but
svn seemed to hang in the middle of the transfer. Even when I probably was able to get all the files,
any attempt to compile produced many error messages.

Anyway, is there a way to contact sash or brainslayer, or they are seeing this forum ?

Thanks.
dxh8497
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Send Brainslayer a private message. Tell him your polite request and the work you can do.
Helping another person is helping you. One good turn deserves another.
joeontherun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:33    Post subject: email Reply with quote
Even better send brainslayer a nice email hes a very decent guy and does get back to you and will most likly help with your version,

I was speaking to him about this issue by email for you guys contact him by email thats the best way guys im sure with the information you have provided it cant be hard for brainslayer to creat a build for this router,

Iv asked him about building one for you guys but maby if someone els asks he may just considor it,
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where can I find his email address ?

edit : I have found the address
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is new pre-release build but still no support for BR6524n.
Is there some special problem with it ?
Is there a way I can help to add 6524 support (without sending my router) ?
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems that only I have the BR-6524n router here, but if anybody is interested, I finally was able to
make ddwrt work on my router. I have recompiled the ddwrt kernel of rt2880 with some small modifications
and now my router runs ddwrt ! However it took me much time to figure out how to configure the kernel
and how to build the image.
joeontherun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 19:30    Post subject: well done kmmng Reply with quote
I must admit you know your stuff bud we would have still all been sitting with no firmware on our routers on the other edimax forum if it wasent for you we would be lost without ya mate,

ps Sash should let you help with stuff becouse it seems itsall to much for just him at times ?
binam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
kmmng,
I also have this router and waiting for a stable release of DD-WRT, you said that you have a working version, after reading the 6574n thread they seems to be having some problems with N mode and throughput speed, can you confirm these problems ?
What are the performance of it right now, I could not use the original 1.55 firmware with this device it was absolutely horrible low coverage slowdowns after some time, horrible routing internet traffic and terrible dialer (I've stopped using it as a internet router and using it as a AP the computer does the routing and dialing).

I did get a new firmware for it 1.58 from the support of Edimax, i can post it here if anybody wants, but I have not test it myself yet.
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried the 1.58 firmware (it can be downloaded from Pikok, that gives support to Edimax products in Israel), but I did't notice any improvement.

I have ddwrt on my router but I still hadn't the chance to test the wireless connection (I have checked that it works but not how good the quality). If you want I can post the firmware here.
qwertzy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a similar router with ip175c switch running BR-6574N build. It would be nice if you upload your firmware hier.
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 14:03    Post subject: Here is the firmware Reply with quote
qwertzy wrote:
I have a similar router with ip175c switch running BR-6574N build. It would be nice if you upload your firmware hier.

You are running 6574N build and it works fine ? Or you have problems with LAN ports like I had ?
qwertzy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
kmmng wrote:
qwertzy wrote:

You are running 6574N build and it works fine ? Or you have problems with LAN ports like I had ?

Yes, I have problems with LAN ports too, but all other things working fine. I have tried your bild for BR-6524, but it fails with
No filesystem could mount root, tried: squashfs
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(31,4)
Perhaps, starting point for root fs is in some other place as expected.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: