Unbranded Ralink SoC RT3052 based router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
acertrin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 13:34    Post subject: Re: Unbranded Ralink SoC RT3052 based router Reply with quote
Borage wrote:
ReWoP wrote:

SDK Version 3.2.0.0 (Jan 6 2009)

I have a simlar router with SDK Version 3.2.4.0 (Jan 21 2009). The manual show a screenshot of SDK Version 3.3.0.0 (May 27 2009). There are no downloadable firmwares from the makers homepage, so where the heck is version 3.3.0.0? I have a printed manual, and there is a lot of differences between version 3.2.4.0 and 3.3.0.0.

Does anobody know where to get the new firmware? I asked the maker and got no answer.

Link to the user manual: http://www.mtn-china.com/Upfiles/down/200911796780.doc

Yo tengo el mismo router que tú,adquirido en chinavasion, por mi almenos. me estoy volviendo loco, ya instalé hace tiempo dd-wrt en un wrt54gl...
pero lo del router chino este me trae de cabeza.
si encontrais una solucion,compartirla por favor Crying or Very sad en si cumple las caracteristicas para poder insatlarse,yo solo lo que necesito es poder poner el router en modo repetidor,la opcion la tiene,ya que tiene wds,pero eso solo me permite hacer de repetidor de otra "ap" que tenga wds, si no no funciona,estoy en lo cierto no?
en cambio con el wrt54gl,dd-wrt: este si me permite hacer repetidor de cualquier "ap"

espero que alguien acierte,yo ya llevo dias probando cosas,pero la verdad,tampoco soy tan maquina como muchos de vosotros

saludos a todos.
Sponsor
Borage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
WDS with the original firmware is compatible with DD-WRT. I allready tested it, but you should upgrade the horrible firmware this maker supplied.

You can download a better firmware from Aceex. The following is compatible with your router.

ftp://59.120.12.151/NR22/root_uImage

You can also use the firmware I uploaded. Just unzip it and flash from the router web gui.
acertrin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Borage wrote:
WDS with the original firmware is compatible with DD-WRT. I allready tested it, but you should upgrade the horrible firmware this maker supplied.

You can download a better firmware from Aceex. The following is compatible with your router.

ftp://59.120.12.151/NR22/root_uImage

You can also use the firmware I uploaded. Just unzip it and flash from the router web gui.

gracias amigo.
el que e tenido un problema,descargue root_image lo instale y al reiniciar no se enciende ninguna luz excepto la de energia. la direccion ip a cambiado eso si,el cable de red si lo detecta, pero no se enciende la luz del router,y no aparece la puerta de enlace predeterminada.e comprobado el ping y conectividad si hay.

me quede aqui atascado,que debo hacer, necesito ayuda.

que debo hacer??
Goodlife
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
acertrin
begin with this:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30
if it doesn't help you'll have to go ebay, buy a cable open the router and reprogram it through the console.
P.S. PLEASE WRITE IN ENGLISH!!
P.P.S. Can you place direct link to a router model you bought from China and maybe even photos of it [opened].
P.P.P.S. You can also use nokia cables (CA-42or DKU-5)

Last edited by Goodlife on Wed Feb 17, 2010 15:31; edited 1 time in total
acertrin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Goodlife wrote:
acertrin
begin with this:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30
if it doesn't help you'll have to go ebay, buy a cable open the router and reprogram it through the console.
P.S. PLEASE WRITE IN ENGLISH!!
P.P.S. Can you place direct link to a router model you bought from China and maybe even photos of it [opened].

forgiveness for the latest
this is my router:
http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/80211n-wireless-router-300mbps-wifi-next-generation-speed/

later pictures will hang open router.
as of 30/30/30 I do not work, attempt to prove more times.
thanks for the help.
can also find information of this router model WR850N
Borage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe someone can explain in detail how to recover by tftp. It's many years since I needed to recover a router. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I did something like the following.

Configured a static IP address in my PC (10.10.10.x).
Hard reset of router.
tftp -i 10.10.10.123 PUT firmware.bin
neumannk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same router from chinavision and flashed to the new firmware but am having trouble setting up the AP Server. Any advise would be appreciated.
garrettinphx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 17:18    Post subject: MSI RG70A Reply with quote
I got a MSI RG70A which is a RT3052 based cheap-o 2T2R 802.11n unit that seems to have a good amount of memory and such but I have a few quandaries Here is the thingie
http://us.msi.com/index.phpfunc=proddesc&maincat_no=131&prod_no=1844
I get a great speed boost on my MacBook using WPA2 and while I can't get a N-only setting there ain't much around that can run WPA2 so I have it to myself (I moved my old Belkin F5D8230-4 to a AP only mode for the older legacy stuff) Thing is I find that I am having to reboot it a few times a week to keep the speed up (I get 15-30 Mbps on the new unit and 7-12 Mbps on the old one) After a few days the MSI drops down to 12-18 Mbps {all that based on multiple runs at different servers thru [url] speedtest.net [/url] Whazzupwiddat? Seems like the longer the MSI runs the slower it runs!
I wonder if its not letting its 32MB SDRAM is not letting go properly?
The other thing that gets me is not only is the firmware laid out strangely but its f'in ugly! Its plastered with cheezy images of how fabulous it is and such. Whatever happened to understated elegance? How about just sensible?
Anyhow I've seen the Acees firmware link and have downloaded a file my computer is puzzled by. It has no dotxxx on its end so just what sort of file it is or if its a wise thing for me to do...
Living on disability this is a big expenditure for me. Were it not for a drunken college party boy, I'd still be using some pretty antiquated stuff like everyone else around here.
So how about it fellas, do I try loading the Acess firmware? Is the nice looking and hopefully better dd-wrt for me or should I cool my jets and just get into a restart the router on even numbered days routine?
platinium
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 0:38    Post subject: JTAG Reply with quote
anyone have jtag pinout of this dealextreme router?
i flashed mine with a partial downloaded file...
i tried serial interface and nothing...
tks
Fixx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've bought this router from DX, and reflashed it with official Aceex firmware(root_uImage). And I'm using it at ethernet converter mode(wireless ethernet bridge). But it only allows 20Mhz bandwith in this mode, so it can only connect with 130Mb, while my main router setted at 40Mhz and can serve full 300Mb.

If I flash it with dd-wrt, can I use the 40Mhz/300Mb BW at wireless bridge mode? Or it is a hardware limitation?

And if I flash it to dd-wrt, can I revert back to official Aceex firmware with just a simple webgui firmware upgrade, via root_uImage?
Fixx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found it at other Aceex topic:
Quote:
There is an instruction for original firmware reloading from DD-WRT image.
1.Make sure NR22/Y connected to internet.
2.Login NR22/Y by telnet.
3.Type command set "wget -O /var/firmware ftp://59.120.12.151/NR22/root_uImage" to download firmware from Aceex.
4.Type command set "mtd write /var/firmware linux" to flash image.
5.Reboot NR22/Y if there is not any problem during above operation.

Secondly, I can't find any way to work it as a wireless bridge. I want to connect this router to my ADSL modem via wireless-n as client, and bridge this connection to it's LAN ports, and they must be in the same network, so my dlna network correctly work. Can anyone have a info about how can I configure dd-wrt?

There is a article about this, my situation is same, but this didn't work for me:
http://www.connectedhome.infopint.com/bridge-two-wireless-routers/

EDIT: I tried to revert to Aceex firmware, but no luck, here is telnet:

Quote:
root@DD-WRT:~# wget -O /var/firmware ftp://59.120.12.151/NR22/root_uImage
Connecting to 59.120.12.151 (59.120.12.151:21)
root@DD-WRT:~#

And nothing happens. Router is connected to internet via ethernet.
tzjwxpre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys~

I got a ralink unbranded router, which the chipset is RT3052F and 32M/4M in memory, but I got an USB port on borad. The Ralink firmware is poor since USB application is simple. Then I found that dd-wrt might support this chipset. Would it be possible that I could flash to dd-wrt and use USB port to do some applications? If it possibe, which firmware should I download to flash?

Please give me some ideas~ Thanks
changeway
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
tzjwxpre wrote:
Hey guys~

I got a ralink unbranded router, which the chipset is RT3052F and 32M/4M in memory, but I got an USB port on borad. The Ralink firmware is poor since USB application is simple. Then I found that dd-wrt might support this chipset. Would it be possible that I could flash to dd-wrt and use USB port to do some applications? If it possibe, which firmware should I download to flash?

Asus RT-N13U

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F02-23-10-r13972%2FAsus-RTN13U%2F

You may try to upgrade the "asus-to-ddwrt.trx", but I'm not sure if all router can be upgraded succeed.
tzjwxpre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
changeway wrote:
tzjwxpre wrote:
Hey guys~

Asus RT-N13U

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F02-23-10-r13972%2FAsus-RTN13U%2F

You may try to upgrade the "asus-to-ddwrt.trx", but I'm not sure if all router can be upgraded succeed.

Thanks for you info.

But after flashing, I think it's bricked~ The Lan light was keeping on and off after power was on. I would try to un-bricked.

BTW,I was still wondering which version of dd-wrt should flash on my router~
Borage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
@changeway

You must help this guy now. Smile

@tzjwxpre

Can you give us some more info about this router? Link to the makers homepage if possible.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: