WRT54G successor

justin22885
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:05    Post subject: WRT54G successor Reply with quote
the wrt54g was a great router.. so many mods for them.. easy to work with form factor.. it was an all around kickass power house.. but no wireless N, no gigabit ports.. what modern router will replace the wrt54g as a modern version of what that was... which will be the one everyone will want to mod and play with? does anyone know of any such router out of todays lineup? be it linksys or another make entirely
Sponsor
justin22885
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
no one knows what will be the next easily modded router on the market? as stated, sure the wrt54G takes the cake now.. but b/g is becoming obsolete, and many people are looking for a router with gigabit ports.. does anyone have any idea what this will be?

doesnt even need to be linksys
Ichinisan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to subscribe to this thread.
justin22885
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes.. it would be interesting to know this.. right now the WRT160N seems to be rather modable, unfortunately lacks USB and gigabit, i know a lot of people could add USB, but im not so sure about gigabit LAN, and the form factor seems a bit difficult to work with... but if it was in any way possible to add gigabit switches to this router.. then this would probably be the one for everyone to toy with.. thats my guess
Borage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think Cronus 1000. Smile

Cronus1000.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  77.72 KB
 Viewed:  12763 Time(s)

Cronus1000.PNG

phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is no single model anymore, every company has a diverse array of models to fit different segments of the market. Linksys's N spec line has been popular for over 2 years. There is no router that has everything, so you have to pick what suits you. See the supported hardware wiki page for a list.
justin22885
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
the only think my most recent purchase lacks is a serial port which i have absolutely no use for.. it has USB for an external hdd, and my printer is connected via ethernet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: