D-Link DIR-825 Rev. B - Porting DD-WRT

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 147, 148, 149  Next
airwalk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey all,

thanks for porting to DIR-825. I've just donated 10Eur to keep up this good job! (Transaction id: 3L905027UC454510G)

I wish you all more and more stable releases =)

cheers from Russia,
airwalk
Sponsor
tux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello everybody,

first of all: thanks for the good work! Today I'v bought a DIR-825 for testing purposes and everything is working fine.

Is someone able to tell me, how can I compile a custom dd-wrt image for DIR-825?
Is there any way to use the existing firmware mod-kit?
The broadcom generic images were not compatible I think?!

Thanks a lot.
05yukon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
The wan chart doesn't appear to work. The total traffic works but the bar graph doesn't.
k0nane
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone been able to achieve proper transport speeds yet?

I've got two devices, one 1T2R Intel 5100, one 2T2R (I think) Dell 1510 (upgraded this device from the Intel 3945abg), both indicate being connected at 150mbps via 5.0. Panel indicates anywhere between 65 and 130mbit TX and RX, and between 7-11% signal. The best rates I can get are 4.0mB (32mbit) between the two devices. It sucks.

EDIT: I'm still on 13972.

UPDATE: I reverted to stock firmware to test. Results:

1510, 5.0 to gigabit LAN: 22mB/sec (176mbit, good)
1510, 2.4 to gigabit LAN: 14mB/sec (112mbit, decent)
1510, 5.0 to 5.0, 5100: 8.5mB/sec (68mbit, slow)
1510, 2.4 to 5.0, 5100: 12mB/sec (96mbit, fair)
1510, 5.0 to 2.4, 5100: 12mB/sec (96mbit, fair)

Signal strength holds steady on both the 1510 and 5100; the 1510 shows 216mbps in Windows, and the 5100 150mbps (expected, should be receiving at 300mbps).

Any idea why wireless-to-wireless is so bad compared to wireless-to-LAN?

UPDATE2: Shocker! SharePort works again! Utter weirdness, but I'll take it - that's another nail in DD's coffin. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I flashed incorrectly or what, but I'm having a ton of issues with build 14144 and DHCP.

It seems like after I do enough fooling around with static IPs and such that DNSMasq will decide it wants to break DHCP and ugh...I feel like I'm in a sea of settings here trying to get everything working the exact way I want it.

I think I'll try a 30/30/30 later and see if that fixes it. This angers me greatly because uDHCPd won't use OpenDNS correctly.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using a second subnet with a virtual 2.4GHz WLAN for my DS, it is unbridged and its working fine EXCEPT for QoS... Its limiting downstream to 800Kbps like I set it but its doing NOTHING to upstream.. I set upstream to 128Kbps and it just ignores it and flies all the way up to the max of my upstream, and when I tried setting upstream to 256Kbps it stopped limiting downstream as well.

Using WEP since thats all the DS lite supports, AP isolation is on, using netmask priority at 10.50.6.0/24. Even rebooted the router and its still not working on applying QoS on upstream.. extremely disappointed.

Goetterdaemmerung
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got back from dinner last night to find my 13972 dir-825's wireless nonfunctional.

I had it set up as a wireless repeater. I.e., a (2.4ghz) client bridge to a stock dir-825 SSID on the other side of my apartment, and a (2.4ghz) virtual interface AP. A desktop is plugged in with a wire. Neither the client bridge nor AP were working (client was disassociated, AP SSID did not show up/associate on my laptop).

I tried 30/30/30, restore-factory-defaults, flashing to 14144, flashing to stock (wireless AP works here) and back to 13972. No luck.

Immediately after a restore-defaults or 30/30/30, the dd-wrt SSID is visible. Changing it to client bridge, adding a virtual interface, or changing the SSID (i.e., changing any setting) leaves me with complete wireless nonfunction.

If only the stock firmware had client bridge mode. :(

I also tried OpenWRT briefly. That adventure almost left my router bricked, but taught me a perhaps-useful lesson. If your hold-reset-for-30 seconds firmware bootloader isn't working at all, try powercycling and holding the reset button as it turns on. This was the trick that allowed me to flash OpenWRT off.

And if anyone has more luck with OpenWRT, I'm listening. I would very much like to get my Dir-825 working as some kind of (stable) wireless repeater.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
OpenWRT didn't even have a web interface when I tried it Confused
Goetterdaemmerung
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
OpenWRT only supports client bridge mode with the broadcom driver. Pass.
Goetterdaemmerung
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Goetterdaemmerung wrote:
I got back from dinner last night to find my 13972 dir-825's wireless nonfunctional.

I had it set up as a wireless repeater. I.e., a (2.4ghz) client bridge to a stock dir-825 SSID on the other side of my apartment, and a (2.4ghz) virtual interface AP. A desktop is plugged in with a wire. Neither the client bridge nor AP were working (client was disassociated, AP SSID did not show up/associate on my laptop).

I tried 30/30/30, restore-factory-defaults, flashing to 14144, flashing to stock (wireless AP works here) and back to 13972. No luck.

Immediately after a restore-defaults or 30/30/30, the dd-wrt SSID is visible. Changing it to client bridge, adding a virtual interface, or changing the SSID (i.e., changing any setting) leaves me with complete wireless nonfunction.

I also tried OpenWRT briefly. That adventure almost left my router bricked, but taught me a perhaps-useful lesson. If your hold-reset-for-30 seconds firmware bootloader isn't working at all, try powercycling and holding the reset button as it turns on. This was the trick that allowed me to flash OpenWRT off.

And if anyone has more luck with OpenWRT, I'm listening. I would very much like to get my Dir-825 working as some kind of (stable) wireless repeater.

Small update: *disabling* ath0 wireless security causes it to associate again. And under Status -> Wireless shows for ath0:

Encryption - Interface ath0Enabled, WPA2 Personal

No means yes!
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Goetterdaemmerung wrote:
Goetterdaemmerung wrote:

Small update: *disabling* ath0 wireless security causes it to associate again. And under Status -> Wireless shows for ath0:

No means yes!

You definitely have corruption in NVRAM, try triple 30 reset then go back to stock firmware, triple 30 reset again and back to DD-WRT 13972 then 14144 through web interface, then finally triple 30 reset again. Can you list the steps you are taking to perform the triple 30 reset?

Other than that I do have a question to anyone that may know, does using WPA/AES instead of WPA2/AES limit speed of 802.11n like using TKIP or WEP does? I have ath0 set to WPA2 Personal Mixed w/AES but all the clients connect with WPA/AES instead, and they do support WPA2/AES..
Blade0rz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:43    Post subject: Samba Reply with quote
Has anyone managed to get Samba running with the latest build yet? Neither Slim Samba nor HDsamba works for me :(

Is there any other way I can access my USB Storage from a windows PC?

edit: Also, I'm getting 50kb/s transfer on SFTP & FTP Sad
Goetterdaemmerung
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
Goetterdaemmerung wrote:
Goetterdaemmerung wrote:

No means yes!

You definitely have corruption in NVRAM, try triple 30 reset then go back to stock firmware, triple 30 reset again and back to DD-WRT 13972 then 14144 through web interface, then finally triple 30 reset again. Can you list the steps you are taking to perform the triple 30 reset?

Other than that I do have a question to anyone that may know, does using WPA/AES instead of WPA2/AES limit speed of 802.11n like using TKIP or WEP does? I have ath0 set to WPA2 Personal Mixed w/AES but all the clients connect with WPA/AES instead, and they do support WPA2/AES..

30/30/30 is as advertised. I've done more of them than I can count, before/after more flashes than I can count. I have tried the steps you describe.

If it's NVRAM corruption, my unit is immune to 30/30/30 (despite that it does reset to defaults); if it's NVRAM corruption, it happened spontaneously while I was away.
jesbo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have, on a couple of occasions, discovered after days of normal operation that the ath0 SSID was not being broadcast; I could not wirelessly connect a client. Looking at the router, the ath0 radio LED was "OFF" instead of steady blinking. The web interface indicated that ath0 was enabled. Why the radio turned itself off is still a mystery. The router was still running and wired traffic was still functioning and routing to the WAN interface. I went into the Web GUI and changed the Wireless Mode from "NG-Mixed" to "Disabled", applied the change, then immediately set it back to "NG-Mixed" and the wireless AP became functional again.

This has happened maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 6 weeks (since build 13972 and now 14144).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
All of a sudden the virtual WLAN ath0.1 does not get an IP.... it was working yesterday and I changed nothing..

EDIT: Also randomly as long as QoS is enabled I will have 0.19Mbps upstream even when this machine and subnet is NOT limited.. only a reboot removes that problem.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 147, 148, 149  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 48 of 149
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: