Any plans for DD-WRT on La Fonera? Source code is out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
wildblue
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 13:22    Post subject: to the bimmelbommel. Reply with quote
hey bommel.
you misunderstood me. i do not feel sad about your blog.

you just could have posted the real source of the hack.
as i found some more comments to the first appearence of the hack on this dd-wrt-forum in some blogs. so i posted mine.

possibly you could not get around with a statement of mine on your blog!
why did you delete the comment?

but anyway! the hack is obsolete as they patched their new firmware...

so lets discover one more...
Sponsor
Krasny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
In http://fonera.q3.nu also posted the hack.

The new firmware has a very nice options like port forwarding.
Magnum
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a Fonera that I never activated, so it still had the same old firmware. Following the instructions on bingobommel page, I now have SSH access.

This is cool but...

Now What? Laughing

Is is possible to turn this into client mode, and turn off the firewall which is crippled.
I want to use the wan port as a lan port and wlan in client mode. Then I could give this to my friend instead of using 90usd on a new wrt54gl.
fosk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 20:35    Post subject: reverting la fonera to the ol' stock firm Reply with quote
Don't worry wildblue, can't realize the author of a nice hack like yours could use IE7 (pff).

I found on an Italian forum a nice way to reset la fonera. Resetting this way not only cancels all configuration (...mistakes), but also reverts the router to his ORIGINAL stock firmware.

A nice way to revert from the r5 to the old pre-installed firmware (r4, in my case) if you have "accidentally" connected your fonera to the Internet =)

It's a dd-wrt forum, I know, but i post the procedure alse here (so maybe bs reading our interest on la fonera could relase a dd-wrt version for this router, <grin>):

Code:
1) Lasciate la fonera accesa un bel po'.
2) Premete costantemente con una penna dentro al forellino di reset posto sotto l'apparecchio per circa un minuto fino allo spegnimento dei led internet e wlan ( ci vuole un bel po').
3) Non appena comincia a riaccendere il led centrale date una seconda pressione del tasto di reset per circa 10 secondi (per sicurezza).
4) Staccate il cavo di rete.
5) Togliete la corrente.
6) Riaccendetela ma senza il cavo di rete.
Appena le darete il tempo di tornare on-line rivedrete nuovamente la rete MyPlace (come quando era nuova ) e andando nella schermata del router vedrete che la versione del firmware e tornata alla 0.7.0 r2 e che la rete pubblica e tornata ad essere FON_AP.

Original post here (10x maska)

If you have problems for the translation ask me (even if my English s*cks).

ADSL2MUE RouterTech 2.60
WRT54G Tomato 1.21
lots WRTs v23 SP2
lots Foneras v24 SP1
krikkit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
can you please translate this into english.. and post it here.. thx
fosk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
1) keep the fonera on for a long time
2) push the reset button w/ a pen (look the hole under the fonera) for a *very* long time (sometimes for more than a minute) till the ethernet and wlan led turn off
3) when the central led turns on, push for a second time the reset button for ~10 secs
4) remove ethernet cable
6) remove power cord
7) restart fonera without the ethernet cable

assure the unit reset when the two broadcasted ssid are the default ones (MyPlace/FON_AP)

beware: this worked for me but i had to repeat this procedure for three (3!!!) times

good luck,
fosk

ADSL2MUE RouterTech 2.60
WRT54G Tomato 1.21
lots WRTs v23 SP2
lots Foneras v24 SP1

Last edited by fosk on Fri Nov 24, 2006 22:10; edited 1 time in total
UoMoTaLpA
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 22:05    Post subject: Re: reverting la fonera to the ol' stock firm Reply with quote
Code:
1) Lasciate la fonera accesa un bel po'.
2) Premete costantemente con una penna dentro al forellino di reset posto sotto l'apparecchio per circa un minuto fino allo spegnimento dei led internet e wlan ( ci vuole un bel po').
3) Non appena comincia a riaccendere il led centrale date una seconda pressione del tasto di reset per circa 10 secondi (per sicurezza).
4) Staccate il cavo di rete.
5) Togliete la corrente.
6) Riaccendetela ma senza il cavo di rete.
Appena le darete il tempo di tornare on-line rivedrete nuovamente la rete MyPlace (come quando era nuova ) e andando nella schermata del router vedrete che la versione del firmware e tornata alla 0.7.0 r2 e che la rete pubblica e tornata ad essere FON_AP.

Here you go, my translation:

Code:
1)Switch on the fonera and leave it on for a certain while
2) hold the reset button for about one minute until the "INTERNET" and "WLAN" leds switch off (It needs some time)
3) Just when it switches the central led back on, press the reset button again for about ten seconds.
4) Unplug LAN cable
5) Unplug AC/DC cable
6) Plug AC/DC back, without the LAN cable.
Just when it goes back online you will se MyPlace net again (just like when it was originally), the firmware will be reverted to 0.7.0 r2 and the public net is FON_AP again.

Hope it's going to be useful somehow.

P.S. Hi everyone, this is my 1st post : )

edit:
P.P.S @fosk: lol
wildblue
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 22:10    Post subject: you are so right, fosk! Reply with quote
you are so right, fosk!

thanks for the way of resetting lafonera!

ben@KubuntuServer:~$ uname -a
Linux KubuntuServer 2.6.17-10-generic #2 SMP Fri Oct 13 18:45:35 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux
ben@KubuntuServer:~$ uptime
23:08:13 up 4 days, 21:19, 1 user, load average: 0.48, 0.42, 0.36
ben@KubuntuServer:~$

Very Happy

Last edited by wildblue on Sat Nov 25, 2006 0:40; edited 1 time in total
fosk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 22:20    Post subject: sorry fot the OT Reply with quote
Code:
fosk@terpsichore:/$ uname -a; uptime; echo I luv slackware linux
Linux terpsichore 2.4.33.3 #1 Fri Sep 1 01:48:52 CDT 2006 i686 pentium3 i386 GNU/Linux
 23:30:22 up 23 days, 14:15,  2 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00
I luv slackware linux

I luv slackware

ADSL2MUE RouterTech 2.60
WRT54G Tomato 1.21
lots WRTs v23 SP2
lots Foneras v24 SP1
wildblue
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:04    Post subject: what the hell! Reply with quote
please, tell me what you did with your linksys!
http://www.fosk.it/?photos:foskasa&pic=13&page=1

why do you have a cooler and such big antennas on it?
whats the dBi of the antennas?

greetings from wildblue°

Linux laptop 2.6.17-11-generic #2 SMP Thu Feb 1 19:52:28 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
Mr_Joop
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:41    Post subject: Hack don't work Reply with quote
Hello,

I try to hack my new La Fonera after this instructions http://bingobommel.blogspot.com/ Everything work well, but when I restart the router or unplug and plug back the power cable again ssh is disable. What do I make wrong? I work stricktly after the instructions but it seem if the router doesn't save the changes. Have you an idea how I can enable SSH permanently, because I will have full control over my own wlan accesspoint before the router goes online.

thanks!
Honki
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 13:40    Post subject: Re: Hack don't work Reply with quote
Mr_Joop wrote:
Hello,

I try to hack my new La Fonera after this instructions http://bingobommel.blogspot.com/ Everything work well, but when I restart the router or unplug and plug back the power cable again ssh is disable. What do I make wrong? I work stricktly after the instructions but it seem if the router doesn't save the changes. Have you an idea how I can enable SSH permanently, because I will have full control over my own wlan accesspoint before the router goes online.

thanks!

Did you this with putty?!:

mv /etc/init.d/dropbear /etc/init.d/S50dropbear

vi /bin/thinclient

press "i" and change/make this lines at the end of the file:

### Don't execute code from FON
# . /tmp/.thinclient.sh

cp /tmp/.thinclient.sh /tmp/thinclient-$(date '+%Y%m%d-%H%M')

Now it works always after reboot Very Happy
notmart
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:36    Post subject: Re: to the bimmelbommel. Reply with quote
wildblue wrote:

[...]
but anyway! the hack is obsolete as they patched their new firmware...
so lets discover one more...

did it Smile
it seems to work with this slightly modified step1.html:
Code:

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<center>
<form method="post" action="http://192.168.10.1/cgi-bin/webif/connection.sh" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input name="username" value="$(/usr/sbin/iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT)" size="68" >
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" />
</form>
</body>
</html>

with step2.html modified accordingly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice work notmart... your tip works w/ 0.7.1-r1

so let's begin "Hacking the Fonera part III" Smile

ADSL2MUE RouterTech 2.60
WRT54G Tomato 1.21
lots WRTs v23 SP2
lots Foneras v24 SP1
User47
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:58    Post subject: how to disable the open wifi on fon ? Reply with quote
so is there any easy way to disable the open wifi on fon router after having ssh access ?
it will make an excellent travel router if that can be done..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 36, 37, 38  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 38
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: