Mac address filtering

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
lapoza
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 14:36    Post subject: Mac address filtering Reply with quote
Ok, I will try to follow all of the rules:

previous version before upgrade: DD-wrt v24 micro generic sp2
first I have a linksys WRT54G V8.0 router. I had read on a forum post that it was possible to upgrade this router to the v24 special micro, So I bought this version, here is the summary of it in the top of the browser:
DD-WRT v24-sp1 (07/27/0Cool micro-special
(SVN revision 10012)
here is the link to what i bought

http://www.dd-wrt.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=31

So here are the steps I took.
one, wrote down all of the mac addresses i had in the system, 52 of them,
two disabled wireless, firewalls.
3. performed hard reset, 30-30-30
4.remade password
5. went in throught webgui and upgraded firmware. never got a process complete, the lights never went out on the router either. Never the less, i waited 3 minutes.
6. unplugged power, let it sit for 30 seconds. (I used a stopwatch for all timing)
7. restored power, light came back to normal in about 20 seconds, nevertheless i waited two minutes per instructions.
8. Hard reset again, 30-30-30-
9. Made new password
10. re-entered all 52 mac addresses.

and this is where the problem is: before all of this, I had mac address filtering on, and only these 52 users were allowed access to the router. any other computer that tried to access was told, cannot connect to router.

After i entered in the mac address's i went and hit enable, and then permit only clients listed. when i hit permit only, and applied, it blocked all computers, regardless of if they are in the list or not. if i turn it off, or if i click deny, ALL computers are allowed access, in short, wireless mac filtering is not working for this version of ddwrt.

So my question is, and i have searched the forums for the last two hours. am i missing something? I am wanting to eventually do POS service and limit bandwith to several users, but as of right now i cant even use mac filtering at all.

Thank you for your time
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
At the top of this forum are newer builds then the one you purchased. (yes...there are updates to the shop builds from time to time)

I suggest you get the 13525 build of micro....its seems to be pretty stable....then try your filter list again.

redhawk

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: