wps button/led on wrt320n

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
MartinSN
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:28    Post subject: wps button/led on wrt320n Reply with quote
Hi folks,
just flashed my WRT320N tonight with dd-wrt.v24-13493_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin, followed by the big version, and what can I say.. everything worked like a charm!!!
I am coming from a WRT160N ver.1 with linksys firmware that used to do a good job except for occasional, but increasing loss of settings and the usual Xbox live connection/NAT issues that I just haven't been able to get rid of.
When I got a good offer on a refurbished 320N with latest firmware I thought I'd give it a shot. But when I had it set up starting with IDENTICAL settings like the 160N, it just got very laggy or kept dropping connection after a few minutes which would not change unless I reset the router. And when I ran a speed test, I got the 8.x kbps out of my 8kbps access, but it took like 10 seconds until the test kicked in. Something was definitely wrong. Quick check on the internet revealed I was not alone with that issue with the 320N, but the "tweaks" that others claimed had fixed this issue did not convince me. But led me to believe the firmware got to be crap, and it could only get better with dd-wrt. Well, as long as I don't brick it... =)
Now web browsing with the 320N even feels a tad faster than with the 160N and speed tests repeatedly exceeding 9kbps seem to confirm this impression. With basically firmware standard settings (I haven't tried much yet) Xbox live performance remains to be tested over the next days.
I have in total 4 Windows computers, 2 Xboxes, a Wii, a Blue-ray player, iPods and a printer wirelessly connected to the router, and that finally gets me to my question:
when I tried to hook up the printer through the router's WPS button, I noticed the LED being constant orange and not changing upon pushing the button. Apparently WPS and Wi-fi protected setup seems not working, the printer can't see the network. After reading in this forum I cannot find a clear answer to this. Is this a known issue? Related to specific firmware versions?
Thanks!
Martin
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
It helps to read before posting... WPS is crap to begin with and DD-WRT does not implement it. Typically DD-WRT uses these various to turn the radio on/off and you can script it to do other things. However, on wrt320n the reset button is faulty so Eko made the WPS button act as the reset button when DD-WRT is installed.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63004

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: