WRT310n V2 - Compatility with dd-wrt?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
odie3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 15:23    Post subject: Re: DHCP server static leases by MAC address Reply with quote
Zaphod0414 wrote:
hey Odie3,

Did you ever find the answer to your question about how to assign static leases to your connected clients? It's on the services tab. There's some options concerning the DHCP server near the top of that page, including the static lease table. Just hit the add button and fill in the blanks for each client you want to marry to a static address lease.

Z

Yes sir I did, thank you for your follow up Smile

-Did I mention I rolled Odie up in a blanket and stuffed him onto the top shelf of the hall closet?
Sponsor
odie3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 15:26    Post subject: Re: I have the same router running dd-WRT STANDARD V1 Reply with quote
EL33TX wrote:
THE STANDARD version seems to be quite stable on a wrt 310n v2 router use the mini version frist then upload the standard version next and you should have no problems

When you say standard, what file are you using after installing the mini?

-Did I mention I rolled Odie up in a blanket and stuffed him onto the top shelf of the hall closet?
accid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
So i got the DDT firmware up and running but everytime i shut down my laptop then turn it on, the laptop cant find the network. I then have to go into the router and change a setting like AES TO TKIP then when the problem happens again i need to change it back, then it works... anyhow how do i get my original linksys firmware back to factory? i tried holding the reset button for 30 seconds, thenwhile holding the button in, i power off the linksys (wait another 30 seconds still holding the power button) i turn plug it back in (while the reset button is still being held) then after 20-30 seconds i let it go, all it does is reset the DDT firmware... how do i get the factory firmware back?
HardReset
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
accid wrote:
how do i get the factory firmware back?

just flash the oem firmware via the dd-wrt upgrade gui.

reset to defaults
flash via gui
wait 5 min
power cycle
access linksys gui
reset to factory defaults one more time

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
can you give a more thorough explanation... im a n00b... thanks in advance!! dont understand the 'flash via gui'...
garlicnation
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 16:01    Post subject: WAN DHCP Lease Reply with quote
Hello all,

I've successfully flashed my wrt310n V2 with svn 13637 14438 14584, and back to the linksys firmware repeatedly. I've tried various combinations of 30-30-30, erasing nvram, and pressing the wps button to reset the router. No matter what I do, I'm not able to get it to get an IP address on the WAN port, even after going back to stock linksys firmware. Is there anything else I should try? The router isn't bricked, it just won't get an IP over WAN.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Alfonso
Peabody
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 16:20    Post subject: Re: WAN DHCP Lease Reply with quote
garlicnation wrote:
Hello all,

I've successfully flashed my wrt310n V2 with svn 13637 14438 14584, and back to the linksys firmware repeatedly. I've tried various combinations of 30-30-30, erasing nvram, and pressing the wps button to reset the router. No matter what I do, I'm not able to get it to get an IP address on the WAN port, even after going back to stock linksys firmware. Is there anything else I should try? The router isn't bricked, it just won't get an IP over WAN.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Alfonso

Plug the cable from your modem into your WAN port...and set the router to 192.168.2.1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
The local DHCP server is working. When I set my router's IP to 192.168.2.1 instead of 1.1, it still can't get a DHCP lease from my cable provider/modem.
garlicnation
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is the current status for my router. If there's any debug information I can provide, I'll gladly post it.

The cable I'm using works, and the cable modem is working, I just can't seem to get my router to get a public IP with dd-wrt or linksys firmware.

Is it time to throw in the towel and toss my 310n in the trash?

Screen shot 2010-06-16 at 7.38.20 PM.png
 Description:
Status of my 310n v2
 Filesize:  182.61 KB
 Viewed:  19354 Time(s)

Screen shot 2010-06-16 at 7.38.20 PM.png

buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
garlicnation wrote:
Here is the current status for my router. If there's any debug information I can provide, I'll gladly post it.

The cable I'm using works, and the cable modem is working, I just can't seem to get my router to get a public IP with dd-wrt or linksys firmware.

Is it time to throw in the towel and toss my 310n in the trash?

Nah, no towel throwings, did you happen to clone the MAC address from the NIC you originally setup the cable modem with?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
garlicnation
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is the same hardware I was using to connect to the modem before. That should mean it has the same MAC address, right?

Plus, my modem isn't the cable company's, it's a halfway decent linksys modem that handles disconnecting and reconnecting between multiple clients particularly well. In making these posts I've been hooking up no less than 3 different machines to it on a regular basis(without rebooting the modem) with no issue.
garlicnation
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am an absolute idiot... I develop software for a wireless access point by day, and I still didn't even think to look at the modem for a problem.

I did a 30-30-30 reset on the modem, and I can connect to the internet again.

Sorry for wasting your time, and thank you for your help.
E3PO
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 19:00    Post subject: DHCP Server not working Reply with quote
Newbie question -

Using 310V2 and a PPoE connection to DSL. Windows 7 workstations. I get a good connection to the WAN from the router but can't get the routers DHCP server to work therefore I've got no connectivity to the outside world from my LAN.

I've flashed back and forth with several versions of mini and standard and run into the same problem on each. Right now I'm working with rls 14594.

I've had absolutely no problem connecting with PPoE in the stock firmware from Linksys and am back on it right now. In the stock firmware when the DHCP server is enabled there is a button available for DHCP reservations which is not showing up anywhere that I have found in the WRT versions. Nor is Windows recognizing the DNS passed on from the firmware.

I've also tried using DSL modem authentication instead of using the router to authenticate but again, DHCP doesn't seem to be working for me.

I'm thinking this might be user error...what am I missing here? Is there something I should have done that I haven't or some magic to this?

Thanks for any help,
E
edalfa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where I can find standard version for wrt310n v2???
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
edalfa wrote:
Where I can find standard version for wrt310n v2???

are you doing the initial flash for this unit? if so, you have to use the trailed mini build first

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/06-12-10-r14594/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-14594_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt310nv2.bin

You can then use standard nokaid

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/06-12-10-r14594/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-14594_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin

That is link for the latest build.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 14 of 18
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: