Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 build confusion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
khelvan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:37    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 build confusion Reply with quote
Hello, after I consulted the router database to find out my recommended build, I have been reading the DD-WRT Wiki and related forum posts (relevant page here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043). The router database recommends build 13064, but the Broadcomm page says that is not recommended. It lists other bad builds, but does not appear to recommend a different "good" build for me.

Can anyone help me figure out in the maze of posts on this subject what build I should be flashing my WHR-HP-G54 with?

Thank you!

-Brian
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:33    Post subject: Re: Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 build confusion Reply with quote
khelvan wrote:
Hello, after I consulted the router database to find out my recommended build, I have been reading the DD-WRT Wiki and related forum posts (relevant page here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043). The router database recommends build 13064, but the Broadcomm page says that is not recommended. It lists other bad builds, but does not appear to recommend a different "good" build for me.

Can anyone help me figure out in the maze of posts on this subject what build I should be flashing my WHR-HP-G54 with?

Thank you!

-Brian

Mainly just use the wiki to get the initial flash done, then just use what build is recommended in the 'Firmware recommendations' link in my signature for you i believe it would be 13525 NEWD so...

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-28-09-r13525/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin

That unit has a 4Mb flash so the biggest flavor you can run is std, nokaid, or mini. I would NOT try any other flavors or you could end up bricking.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
NEWD or NEWD2 on these units...K26 will cause problems.

13525 nokaid will probably fit the bill nicely...unless you need KAI support....but 99% of gamers don't use KAI any longer.

redhawk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the help - I am probably going to turn this router into a wireless bridge end point, so I really don't need a lot of options on it.
silva55
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="khelvan"]Thanks for the help - I am probably going to turn this router into a wireless bridge end point, so I really don't need a lot of options on it.[/quote]

Hi; i also have A WHR-HP G54 and tried to flash WRT but i never could do it,i don't know if it's bricked! can someone tell me the symptoms of a bricked router,ans also tried to use it with a Cable broadband router but i could never have it to work,all this after i tried to flash it with WRT,
khelvan if you have the time i would appreciate if you cooperate with me on this one thanks.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
silva55 wrote:
khelvan wrote:
Thanks for the help - I am probably going to turn this router into a wireless bridge end point, so I really don't need a lot of options on it.

Hi; i also have A WHR-HP G54 and tried to flash WRT but i never could do it,i don't know if it's bricked! can someone tell me the symptoms of a bricked router,ans also tried to use it with a Cable broadband router but i could never have it to work,all this after i tried to flash it with WRT,
khelvan if you have the time i would appreciate if you cooperate with me on this one thanks.

Read the Peacock - FAQ link in my sig, in particular note 6

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
ReadtheAnnouncements!
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read the wiki for flashing that router, and the announcements linked in my sig. See note 6 of the peacock in particular.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54845
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043
(We'll wait....!) Wink
silva55
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks guys i'll give it one more try,
khelvan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, I never saw your message - I never ended up flashing the firmware.

I read the "Peacock" thread for Broadcomm, which instructed me to first go to the Wiki to find the "initial" firmware to use. But the installation Wiki directed me to the hardware-specific page, which then directed me to the WHR-HP-54G page, which directed me back to the Wiki.

So I can't find where to go to get the "initial" firmware to use before I flash with the build suggested above in this thread.

I realize that for veterans of this forum that it must seem plainly obvious where to go and what to get, but I have been incredibly confused trying to find this firmware (to "kill" the Buffalo firmware, prior to installing the recommended build).

Can anyone help me break out of this Peacock -> Install Wiki -> Hardware Specific -> WHR-HP-54G -> Install Wiki loop?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
khelvan wrote:
Sorry, I never saw your message - I never ended up flashing the firmware.

I read the "Peacock" thread for Broadcomm, which instructed me to first go to the Wiki to find the "initial" firmware to use. But the installation Wiki directed me to the hardware-specific page, which then directed me to the WHR-HP-54G page, which directed me back to the Wiki.

So I can't find where to go to get the "initial" firmware to use before I flash with the build suggested above in this thread.

I realize that for veterans of this forum that it must seem plainly obvious where to go and what to get, but I have been incredibly confused trying to find this firmware (to "kill" the Buffalo firmware, prior to installing the recommended build).

Can anyone help me break out of this Peacock -> Install Wiki -> Hardware Specific -> WHR-HP-54G -> Install Wiki loop?

The firmware i posted link to should work just fine... Reference this for installation.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo#Out-of-the-box:_First-time-flashing_for_.27store-bought.27_Buffalo_models

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: