openvpn on dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
ken-ywk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:47    Post subject: openvpn on dd-wrt Reply with quote
recently i've subscript to a vpn services due to the p2p throttle from my isp. however when i tried to setting up on my dir825 dd-wrt router, it seems not working or my configure it wrongly. these are the step that i done:

under
Start OpenVPN Client
Start OpenVPN Client - enable
Server IP/Name - xx.xx.xx.xx
Port - 80
TUN MTU Setting - 1500
TUN MTU Extra - 32
TCP MSS - 1450
Use LZO Compression - enable
Tunnel Protocol - udp
Tunnel Device - tun
nsCertType - [untick]
CA Cert - copy from ca.crt between {-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----} and {-----END CERTIFICATE-----}
Public Client Cert - copy from user.crt between {-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----} and {-----END CERTIFICATE-----}
Private Client Key - copy from user.key between {-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----} and {-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----}

the content of .opvn procided by my provider is as followed
Quote:
client
dev tun
proto udp
remote xx.xx.xx.xx 80
remote-random
resolv-retry 0
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
comp-lzo
verb 3
ca ca.crt
cert user.crt
key user.key

do i need to enable openvpn daemon?
besides, the status page of openvpn do not shows any status of openvpn.. thx

-----------------------------------------------------

ok, im able to connect to vpn provider already after tick the nsCertType like http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=457911#457911

However the vpn connection can stand for about 2 minutes and after that im not able to surf any web even though my default WAN connection still up.. then i disable the openvpn client and i can surf with the default connection again.. may i know what is the problem?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: