Linksys E2000 / E3000 test builds here

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Tennberg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Phonism wrote:
Tennberg wrote:
I was under the impression the light was amber because it indicated an error with Wi-Fi Protected Setup. Since DD-WRT doesn't support that function, it throws up an amber light.

How do you go about changing that amber light to blue? Is it done through a command? I couldn't find anything off-hand in a quick forum search, and couldn't find a setting in dd-wrt.

Eko wrote:
Yellow cisco led on Linksys routers means that router got WAN ip. If you prefer it blue (white, ..) do:

In latest builds only (13522+):

nvram set connblue=1
nvram commit
reboot

That command turns my cisco LED on the E3000 to blue =)

All that command did was reboot my E3000. Amber light is still amber.
Sponsor
Phonism
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tennberg wrote:
Phonism wrote:
Tennberg wrote:
I was under the impression the light was amber because it indicated an error with Wi-Fi Protected Setup. Since DD-WRT doesn't support that function, it throws up an amber light.

How do you go about changing that amber light to blue? Is it done through a command? I couldn't find anything off-hand in a quick forum search, and couldn't find a setting in dd-wrt.

Eko wrote:
Yellow cisco led on Linksys routers means that router got WAN ip. If you prefer it blue (white, ..) do:

nvram set connblue=1
nvram commit
reboot

You did hit Enter after each command?

Asus RT-AC66U DD-WRT v24-sp2 giga - build 25015 [Main]
Linksys E3000 DD-WRT v24-sp2 mega - build 15962 [Backup]
Linksys WRT600N v1.1 DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega - build 14929 [Retired]
Linksys WRT54GS v4 DD-WRT v24-sp2 mini - build 15747 [Retired]
E3000 Info | WRT600N Info | Know-it-all thread
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tennberg wrote:
Phonism wrote:

nvram set connblue=1
nvram commit
reboot

I just tested it on both a real e3000 & a converted v2.. It works.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Phonism wrote:
Tennberg wrote:
Phonism wrote:
Tennberg wrote:

Eko wrote:

nvram set connblue=1
nvram commit
reboot

You did hit Enter after each command?

Initially, I went to Administration -> Commands. I copied and pasted those lines above, then hit "Run Commands". All it did was reboot and the amber light still is amber.

I then typed in each line, and hit the Enter key after each line. That did nothing when I hit "Run Commands". I left off hitting the Enter key after "reboot", and then hit "Run Commands". It rebooted the router, but the amber light is still amber. What am I not doing correctly?
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
enter each command one at a time and hit "run commands".

nvram set connblue=1 [run command]
nvram commit [run command]
reboot [run command]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
enter each command one at a time and hit "run commands".

nvram set connblue=1 [run command]
nvram commit [run command]
reboot [run command]

Thank you! For future reference, unless I click "Save Custom Script", must all commands be entered/run 1 line at a time?
Aurora900
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aurora900 wrote:

I take that back... my connections keep dropping all over the place. I keep getting lag in a java based chatroom i go to (someimtes i lose the connection entirely) and AOL Instant Messenger looses connection everyone so often too.

I'm using a wired gigabit connection from my PC to port 1 of the router. I've never had issues like this before this router...

Any ideas? I could really use some help on this...

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aurora900 wrote:
Aurora900 wrote:

I take that back... my connections keep dropping all over the place. I keep getting lag in a java based chatroom i go to (someimtes i lose the connection entirely) and AOL Instant Messenger looses connection everyone so often too.

I'm using a wired gigabit connection from my PC to port 1 of the router. I've never had issues like this before this router...

Check and make sure your WAN lease isn't expiring.

barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aurora900 wrote:
Aurora900 wrote:

force the nic on your rig down from 1000mbs to 100. See if that helps. I know what you are thinking..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm sure you've tried this already, but have you checked for updates to the cards driver (directly from manufacturers site) and ensured any power savinng options are turned off? I was having issues with Intel wireless N on my laptop and this fixed the issue for me.

Out of curiousity, what are the fastest wired speeds everyone has seen with the E3000's gigabit lan and a switch?

I upgraded my switch with a netgear GS108 last week and use it with an E3000 in gateway and router mode. I'm very impressed with the data transfer of PC1 to router to PC2 on switch; 500 Mbps is the fastest I've seen so far using a 700MB test file. I consistently get 460mbps average after several stop watch timed runs! Can I get a faster connection? If so, how? Two E3000's?
gjlowe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aurora900 wrote:
Aurora900 wrote:

I am seeing this too. Since I never used my e3000 without DD-WRT, I can't say for certain that it is a problem with DD-WRT, but I was not having this problem with my previous Belkin N-router or Linksys WRT54GS

I am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/28/10) big - build 14853M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko

I suppose I should also add that my laptop doesn't drop out at work, or when tethered to my Android phone via Wifi, so I do surmise that it is due to some interaction with either DD-WRT or the e3000 itself.
Code3VW
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've setup a usb drive (FAT32) and can access it by FTP...but how do I enable my PS3 to see it?
gjlowe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aurora900

I found two useful resources that may help with the dropouts:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=67836
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless-N_Configuration#20_MHz_vs_40_MHz

I have an Intel WifiLink 5100 card in my laptop, so the first one is pertinent if you have Intel wireless networking. The second link talks about WiFi-N and some requirements/best practices. I changed my N radio to 5GHz only, 40Mhz, and WPA2/AES only, where before I was using 5GHZ only, Auto, WPA2/AES+TKIP. Secondly, I changed my G radio to G-only, 20MHz, channel 1. So far so good, but it has only been 20 minutes Smile. The thing is earlier this evening before making those changes, it would drop out every 10 minutes! I hope this helps, and I will report back if things change!
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/28/10) std-usb-ftp - build 14853M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko for 3 days straight on my converted to E2000 and have to say this build is very smooth. Have not had any problems so far, great work dd-wrt team! Smile

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
leftovers
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
e3000 build 14848M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko 14 days and no issues...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 74, 75, 76  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 22 of 76
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: