Cannot access admin gui of dir-615 in bridge repeater mode.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
pauljwilliams
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 19:21    Post subject: Cannot access admin gui of dir-615 in bridge repeater mode. Reply with quote
As title.

My set up is as follows:

1 netgear adsl router providing internet access (Wirelss turned off). This is wired to a dir-615(d2) operating as an access point. For simplicity I set the SSID and key to the same as my old network (when it was just the adsl router acting as combined modem and AP)

I've got a 2nd dir-615 (a D4) in bridge repeater mode, set up as per the standard guide.

I;ve also got a PC with a wifi card.

All three routers have static IP addresses, and the ADSL router is set up as the DHCP server (both routers are set to forward DHCP)

From the PC I can access the admin Guis of the adsl router and the AP without a problem.

But I can only access the admin gui of the 3rd router (the bridge repeater) by using a wired connection.

Running the utility that came with the wirelss card in the PC shows three access points with my SSID - two on channel 11 and one on channel 1, with the two on channel 11 having the different MAC addresses (albeit adjacent).

So why cant I access the admin gui of the bridge repeater?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: