Asus RT N12 Latest DDWRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Doremon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 23:24    Post subject: Asus RT N12 Latest DDWRT Reply with quote
So after installing the latest build for the RT N12 dd-wrt.v24-14896_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_RT-N12.trx the router runs perfectly in repeater bridge mode. Great work to everyone here. I was just wondering if this setup was possible or do I need a dual band?

Have my main router in N mode only and have the RT N12 in mixed mode for legacy devices? Will it allow me to do that? I read the repeater bridge wiki and there was nothing in that?
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is your 'main router'? Also with what its sounding like here is that you would want a dual radio device to do this, generally if you wanted to have legacy devices, you would have to run in mixed mode, and the repeater would be in mixed mode as well. With like say a netgear wndr3300 you could have the N-only bridge on wl0 and run the wl1 radio in Mixed mode with no probs here.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Doremon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow that's a fast response. my primary is an Asus RT N16 and well as you know it's a single band. I think for the time being then I'll just keep both running mixed mode and just remind people to connect to the repeater if there running G lol. thanks for the input.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 0:09    Post subject: Re: Asus RT N12 Latest DDWRT Reply with quote
Doremon wrote:
Have my main router in N mode only and have the RT N12 in mixed mode for legacy devices? Will it allow me to do that? I read the repeater bridge wiki and there was nothing in that?

Yes you can have the AP in N only mode and the Repeater in Mixed mode or the other way around.

buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 0:37    Post subject: Re: Asus RT N12 Latest DDWRT Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:

Yes you can have the AP in N only mode and the Repeater in Mixed mode or the other way around.

Excellent, i did not know this could be... I always thought the repeater bridge had to be in the same mode.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Doremon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:11    Post subject: Re: Asus RT N12 Latest DDWRT Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
Doremon wrote:

Can this be done after I have setup the repeater bridge or needs to be done when I am setting up the bridge?
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:37    Post subject: Re: Asus RT N12 Latest DDWRT Reply with quote
Doremon wrote:
Can this be done after I have setup the repeater bridge or needs to be done when I am setting up the bridge?

At any time. They just need to have at least one spec in common to establish a link.

Doremon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
awesome got it to work. Set primary router in N only mode but I set it to mixed when setting repeater mode. Thanks for all the help fellas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: