how to change the channel of a repeated SSID

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
computerdating
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 14:40    Post subject: how to change the channel of a repeated SSID Reply with quote
Hello,

I've set up an old WRT54G running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/22/09) micro as a repeater for the SSID in my house. The problem is that both the SSID from the original router and the DDWRT repeater are broadcasting on the same channel. I am under the impression that both SSIDs need to be on different channels to allow for free roaming, correct? The routers are both working correctly.

I cannot seem to figure out how to change the channel of the repeated SSID coming from the repeater. There is no option under virtual interface. The DDWRT router is running in Repeater mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Sponsor
oxygenx
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
you cant change the repeater channel (the router cannot operate on two channels at the same time). you'd need a router with 2 transmitter for that.
Modem: Cisco EPC3202
clients: Notebook 1, D-Link 323, PS3 Slim, Kathrein UFC960 connected to WDS Node 1 via Gigabit Switch. Notebook 2, Deskjet 6980 connected to WDS Node 2
computerdating
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see. Thanks!

So is it possible to have wireless devices automatically connect to the strongest AP? That is the problem I'm trying to solve.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: