Forgot wifi password on buffalo-whr-g125 (Wireless)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hamba99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 19:26    Post subject: Forgot wifi password on buffalo-whr-g125 (Wireless) Reply with quote
hello my great friends!! hope u all have a great life...

i buy 2nd wifi router, buffalo whr-g125 about 1+years ago from lowyat.net member... he said the router had been upgrade to dd-wrt, Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp1 (07/26/0Cool mini-special.. the forumer phone number also i lost, the box he give to me also lost.... :cry:

before this i always on the wifi function and installed some password but dont have the wifi device, only use the LAN function. now i have PSP and maybe will buy laptop with wifi enabled.

now i want to use the wifi function but forgot the wifi password... Crying or Very sad so what to do now? also how about the broadband paswword and its installation to this router? so all step will be restart from beginning? .. the default factory id and password and url at the back i cant acccess it.....Crying or Very sad

but i can access via 192.168.1.1 but when i clik to wireless tab, i require username and password, i fill in the root and admin but it wrong. so how to reset it? i forgot

anyway thanks for the advice and ur time... see u soon
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds. It will reset the router to defaults and then you can use

root/admin

to gain access.

redhawk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
if i push 30seconds reset button, the dd-wrt is gone or not? then all the broadband setting on router will gone and need to configure again?

thanks..
DoesItMatter
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep - you reset the device, you reset all settings to default.

You have to re-configure everything.

That is what the reset does - resets all to defaults, including the password.

There is NO way to reset the password without resetting everything else.

Linksys EA8500 - OpenWRT IPQ806x Trunk R16375 5.4 Kernel

TP-Link Archer C7 V3 - OpenWRT Build R16290 5.4 Kernel
Linksys E3000 - FreshTomato Build MIPSR2 2021.2
hamba99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks again for all advice given.. about the reset the button, no FAQ about the setting will beconme to default... i tought there have 2 setting.... the 1st one is the dd-wrt firmwire.on router and another one is dd-wrt setting. i had searched the FAQ and it not mention about this reset will become to what default.. or maybe i wrong.. please correct me.

so what i need to do now to use the wifi function on my buffalo g-125 with dd-wrt is to push the reset button for 30 seconds. so my router firmwire will be become to default manufacture setting and no dd-wrt on it. then i need to install new dd-wrt on my router to use the dd-wrt then make new broadband and wifi setting on new dd-wrt.. is it right? please correct me...

thank you very much for ur concern, i really appreciate it...
DoesItMatter
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
No - you are not understanding

when you do the 30-30-30 reset, you reset DD-WRT to default

I.E.

When you reset the router, it resets DD-WRT

It DOES NOT reset back to factory firmware

It makes DD-WRT look like a fresh flash

30-30-30 reset, and then re-configure DD-WRT

you do not have to re-flash dd-wrt unless you want to upgrade to a newer version

I would recommend you flash to build 13525 though

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/older/12-28-09-r13525/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin

You should upgrade to that version - its a stable version

1) download the 13525 firmware (link above)
2) 30-30-30 reset the WHR-G125
3) login to router DD-WRT GUI - goto Administration tab, firmware update
4) choose 'Reset to Defaults' and then choose the 13525 firmware
5) upgrade and wait a few minutes
6) you should come back to the DD-WRT login screen

It will ask you to set a username/password

Choose whatever you want, but remember it, because if you forget it, 30-30-30 reset again.

Linksys EA8500 - OpenWRT IPQ806x Trunk R16375 5.4 Kernel

TP-Link Archer C7 V3 - OpenWRT Build R16290 5.4 Kernel
Linksys E3000 - FreshTomato Build MIPSR2 2021.2
hamba99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok bro... thanks for ur advice.... i will follow ur instruction.... anything update i'll post here....

thanks again Laughing
hamba99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
helllo my lovely dd-wrt.com friends? hope u all had a great life...

now i want to reset the router... last time i not reset it because still not use the wifi function, just use the LAN internet only. but now since bought new laptop, so i need to use the wifi function. but the problem is i forgot the wifi username and password. so i need to reset the router again..

here the question about the reset process.. i had searched the dd-wrt.com wiki,i little bit confius about process... maybe it come from my low knowing english terms... sincethe process is very crucial, canbrick my router... thats why i ask here first.

1. here only tell about flash, upgrade,downgrade the dd-wrt on router use 30/30/30 step... but i just want to reset it to reset new password. is it use same procudere/process? if diffrent what the different? because they not tell the reset process....

2. below is i copy paste from the hard reset page....

Hard Reset (aka 30/30/30 reset):

The following procedure will clear out the NVRAM and set dd-wrt back to default values:

* With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on back of unit for 30 seconds
* Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds
* Plug the unit back in STILL holding the reset button a final 30 seconds (please note that this step can put Asus devices into recovery mode...see note below!)

This procedure should be done BEFORE and AFTER every firmware upgrade/downgrade.

what the meaning unplug/unplug? is it on/off the router?

what the meaning This procedure should be done BEFORE and AFTER every firmware upgrade/downgrade.?

3. just for precaution, after the reset process, is it ask my isp username and password to connect the modem to internet?

thats all for now.. thank you very much for your help. i'm very apreciate it....

see again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: