DHCP problems between linksys routers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
isaacrr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:37    Post subject: DHCP problems between linksys routers Reply with quote
I am a novice at networking, but am trying to figure out as much as I can.

I have a Linksys wrt54g running dd-wrt V24 build 12548M that is setup as a client bridge and receives wireless from a linksys e2000 that is running the preinstalled setup.

I am running a desktop and a network printer from the wrt54g. I installed the dd-wrt 2 days ago and had it working as a bridge but after the 1 day "IP address lease" expired and it doesn't renew. I have it working temorarily but I had to restart the router and don't want to do that every day. My printer had a random IP address of 169.254.2.156 that i got reset to 192.168.1.117 when I restarted my client bridge router.

Is there a simple fix to this?

I read that if I tried V23 it would probably work but i don't know if I want to go backwards, and I can't find where to download the right files.

Last edited by isaacrr on Wed Aug 25, 2010 13:36; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
barrabas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same problem with WRT610N and WL-500GPv2, i test all most the dd-wrt 24 v2... and nothing, with the stock firmware don´t have problems.
oxygenx
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
are you sure you want to use client instead of client bridge (or WDS)?
Modem: Cisco EPC3202
clients: Notebook 1, D-Link 323, PS3 Slim, Kathrein UFC960 connected to WDS Node 1 via Gigabit Switch. Notebook 2, Deskjet 6980 connected to WDS Node 2
isaacrr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried to set it up as both bridge and repeater bridge but couldn't get them to work. I spent several hours trying to get it to work but finally read somewhere that client bridge might work, and got it to work. So if you think that another setup might work just tell me what to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: