OpenVPN Client with vpntunnel.se

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
nbarth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 13:08    Post subject: OpenVPN Client with vpntunnel.se Reply with quote
Hi,

I want to configure vpn client connection from my WRT54GL to vpntunnel.se

I saw that if I use the GUI, I need more than 5000 bytes in nvram

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/VPN_%28the_easy_way%29_v24%2B

<<
Using a KEY_SIZE of 1024 you need about 5200 bytes available in NVRAM on the server-side before you push SAVE in the web-GUI, or you might brick your router.
Using a KEY_SIZE of 2048 you need about 6000 bytes available in NVRAM on the server-side.
>>

Is this only for openvpn server or client mode or both ?
If I configure an openvpn client with a 1024 bytes key, will I need 5200 bytes too ?

I also found this manual for setting a connection with dd wrt : http://www.vpntunnel.se/howto/dd-wrt-openvpn.pdf

I don't need to have a vpn connection for all my network. Is it possible to configure somewhere in dd wrt that one IP address from my local network (for example 192.168.0.5) uses the vpn connection, and all other IP addresses don't use the vpn tunnel ?
If it's possible, how do you configure this ?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Atheus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I don't need to have a vpn connection for all my network. Is it possible to configure somewhere in dd wrt that one IP address from my local network (for example 192.168.0.5) uses the vpn connection, and all other IP addresses don't use the vpn tunnel ?
If it's possible, how do you configure this ?

Hello,
I need to do the same thing.
Do you find any way ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: