wrt54g2 - dd-wrt flash failed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
rajahg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:41    Post subject: wrt54g2 - dd-wrt flash failed Reply with quote
Hi i have just joined these forums.
The problem i am facing is...
i have a linksys wrt54g2 v1 router
recently i heard about dd-wrt firmware and then i download (Linksys WRT54G2 1.0) from
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

i follow the instructions and Reset the router to defaults on the Linksys Admin page, and let it reboot
then
i Set my computer to a static IP address of 192.168.1.10 and 255.255.255.0 and plugged ethernet cable into LAN port of the G2v1 unit.
the
i log in admin page (username is blank, password = admin) and navigate to firmware
upgrade page. Browse to the VxWorksKiller-G2V1-new.bin file, press Upgrade and i wait for 5 minutes but it didn't repond and router did't restarted
then i open tftp and then i use dd-wrt.v24-10709_NEWD_micro.bin
and i leave the server blank and in the password field i write admin then i press upgrade then an error occured ''invalid ip''
what do i do then.
my router is not working at all .all lights are off when i plug some wire in any of the ports of router then light blinks otherwise it dosen't bilnk .also i powered on the router but all the light keeped off. plz help.
Sponsor
Blakhart
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Raja,
I think you must enter the ip of your router into the "server" field in the tftp app. The ip for the router should default to 192.168.1.1. No password is used for the tftp app either. Also, I think one of the mini versions of ddwrt for your specific router rather than a micro version may help in your case. As your router has 4mb of flash ram, a micro build isn't needed, the micro builds are for those units with 2mb or flash ram.

Just some thoughts for you
Peabody
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
A wrt54g2 v1 does have only 2mb of flash and you must use a micro build.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:48    Post subject: one thing left Reply with quote
i opened the tftp and enter the server as 192.168.1.1
and then i press upgrade it shows green signal and its written down that firmware upgraded successfully

now my internet is running fine but i cant access other computers
plz help
Blakhart
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Peabody wrote:
A wrt54g2 v1 does have only 2mb of flash and you must use a micro build.

Thanks for the correction Peabody, hate to brick someones gear with my suggestions. The little bit of reading I did on the g2 said it had 4mb.

Raja, you may want to read the faq on opening ports and so on in the router, the firewall is likely keeping your computers from connecting to each other.
rajahg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 13:41    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote
Well buddies you all do fine
and dd-wrt rocks on my router
u all are great
thanks for everything
keep it up
GOD BLESS YOU.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: