WZR-HP-G300NH support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gingernut wrote:

So I hooked up a serial cable to see what was going and following the Scary Gliders (Thanks) guide I was able to bring it back from the dead.

The only file the wzr would take without giving back a bad crc or bad checksum error was the Openwrt tftp .bin with the header removed. I tried DDwrt, original Buffalo (region US, AP), Openwrt.

Scary gliders guide was intended for bypassing his JP region restriction but can also be used for a normal update. It is based on on loading a header-less image (one that starts with the U-Boot magic 0x27051956) to ram and then writing it to flash.
I can see no reason for why you can't get that working with a dd-wrt webupgrade file with the HDR0 part removed.

The normal way of doing the tftp flashing is to send an encrypted file (Buffalo stock firmware or buffalo_to_dd-wrt) when the router starts up.

You can also break into the cfe from a serial terminal and start the transfer with the ut_fw command.
ut_fw expects the file name to be firmware.bin.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Scary gliders guide was intended for bypassing his JP region restriction but can also be used for a normal update. It is based on on loading a header-less image (one that starts with the U-Boot magic 0x27051956) to ram and then writing it to flash.
I can see no reason for why you can't get that working with a dd-wrt webupgrade file with the HDR0 part removed.

The normal way of doing the tftp flashing is to send an encrypted file (Buffalo stock firmware or buffalo_to_dd-wrt) when the router starts up.

You can also break into the cfe from a serial terminal and start the transfer with the ut_fw command.
ut_fw expects the file name to be firmware.bin.

For some reason I can't get tftp to work even after following the wiki instructions letter by letter. I did get it to work a while back to revert from ddwrt to original with little to no problem, this was before Brainslayer posted the revert file.

If it wasn't for the scary glider guide I wouldn't have been able to recover it. The thing that bugged me was the bad checksum error after flashing the stock buffalo firmware, which I souldn't have got.

At the moment I have it running Openwrt and can't get back to stock or flash to ddwrt from the LUCI firmware upgrade page.

I've tried removing the HDR0 header from the dd-wrt webupgrade file but Openwrt gives back an unsupported file type warning.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Show me your U-Boot environment variables from the U-Boot cmd "printenv"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your help.

I'll try and post it asap. I unhooked the serial cable and put the box back together yesterday.

Update: I was finally able to tftp dd-wrt back onto my WZR after spending another hour working at it. I asked a friend to lend me his switch and that seemed to be the final trick to get it to work. Without a switch in-between the comupter and the router it seems to be a very difficult task.

Thanks for your interest/help LOM Very Happy .
ubcjack
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone know about this release?

It comes from buffalotech website...

http://www.buffalotech.com/support/getfile/wzrhpg300nh-pro-v24sp2-14998.zip
ghoyle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ubcjack - I was just about to ask that same question! :)

It doesn't even appear in the router database on this site at the moment...?

*EDIT* - Found a thread on this here : http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=480029
caloy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
hallo ..

Vielen Dank für den Austausch von Ideen .. Ich habe etwas gelernt
diesem Tag und es ist da von euch ..

Nochmals vielen Dank .. Guten Tag alle ..!

Valentins Gutschein-Code
HollowKnight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gingernut wrote:
Thanks for your help.

I'll try and post it asap. I unhooked the serial cable and put the box back together yesterday.

Update: I was finally able to tftp dd-wrt back onto my WZR after spending another hour working at it. I asked a friend to lend me his switch and that seemed to be the final trick to get it to work. Without a switch in-between the comupter and the router it seems to be a very difficult task.

Thanks for your interest/help LOM Very Happy .

Hello, have you successfully flashed your router back to dd-wrt?

I have upgrade my router from factory fw-->dd-wrt using WebGUI-->openwrt using mtd -w linux.

Now I want to back to dd-wrt or factory firmware.

My TFTP setup works perfectly, but it seems the router only accept OpenWRT firmwares. None of dd-wrt, factory 1.72, 1.74 can boot the router after tftp flashing. The Red Diag Light always blinks after reboot.

Because of different mtd partitions layout, I can not rewrite the flash with dd-wrt mtd partitions image, that I've backed up before. I don't know how to alter the mtd partition table to rewrite those backups.

I would very appreciate if someone could tell me how to tftp dd-wrt or factory firmware from openwrt.

Thank you
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
HollowKnight wrote:

I would very appreciate if someone could tell me how to tftp dd-wrt or factory firmware from openwrt.

Via tftp right after router restart and before it has started to load the firmware.
The procedure is the same for all Atheros based Buffalo routers and is described in many of the Buffalo router threads here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I can tftp to my router now. But all the firmware images: dd-wrt, factory 1.72, 1.74 always give no boot with Red Diag Light blinking.

Then I have to tftp again openwrt-tftp.bin and it boots normally.

I've tried to replace 28 bytes header of dd-wrt by 32 bytes header of openwrt, but the openwrt WebGUI keep saying wrong format.

I'll try to tftp dd-wrt image without header.

Thank you

Ưpdate

I've successfully upgrade back to dd-wrt using openwrt WebGUI with header removed dd-wrt.bin file. The file started with 5 magic bytes 27 05 19 56 10 A4.

So I guess tftp with 28 bytes header should work under u-Boot as well. I haven't tried it yet.

Use non-encrypted firmware to flash the router. Factory firmware is encrypted.

TFTP needs header (28 bytes for openwrt)
No header required if using WebGUI method

Thank you LOM for your advises in this thread.
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
hollowknight how u finding openwrt on this router?
HollowKnight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
slybunda wrote:

Here you go
http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc3/ar71xx/
DoesItMatter
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/

Got that option as well to try OpenWRT firmware.

Just added support for the WZR-HP-G300NH

Linksys EA8500 - OpenWRT IPQ806x Trunk R16375 5.4 Kernel

TP-Link Archer C7 V3 - OpenWRT Build R16290 5.4 Kernel
Linksys E3000 - FreshTomato Build MIPSR2 2021.2
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
HollowKnight wrote:
slybunda wrote:

Here you go
http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc3/ar71xx/

i ment how you finding it in terms of stability and reliability?
n3tfury
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
So from what I'm reading it's safer to stay with the stock firmware for now? I just received mine and updated the stock firmware to v1.74 and so far so good.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 63, 64, 65  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 37 of 65
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: