WebGUI probs when accessed on phone over 3G

mcnob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 17:18    Post subject: WebGUI probs when accessed on phone over 3G Reply with quote
I really need to be able to access my router over the web so I can send a WOL command to my home server. I've finally got it set up and working but only over local wi-fi. If I send the wol command over 3G on my phone from the WOL page on the router... on hitting the actual wake button, I just get a blank page with "received a invalid response" at the top.

It works fine if I use my netbook connected over 3G, just not with my phone which is my main requirement. I'm assuming it's got something to do with the browser not refreshing the page properly but I'm stumped.

Anyone had the same problem or can suggest a solution?

Hope so but thanks in advance.

WRT54G2 running DD-WRT 24
Sponsor
gobbledigook
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
what phone and what browser? i don't have any issues with changing settings using opera mini/mobile haven't tested but another phone browser that you could try is skyfire Smile
mcnob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
HTC Desire (android) running default browser and dolphin HD browsers. Both had exactly the same problem but I tried Opera mini and lo and behold, it worked. The login seemed to take ages but it worked so it's good enough for me so I thank you for that....... Wink

It would be great if I could get the PC to start from a magic packet sent straight from my phone but I have an awkward setup that doesn't seem to like that.

Primary router (belkin) connected to WRT54G2 running dd-wrt as a wireless bridge in client mode with the PC in question wired to that.

Any suggestions on port forwarding between that lot to make the end computer accept a magic packet? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: