D-link DIR-615 revision E4 with firmware 5.10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
mel321
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:32    Post subject: D-link DIR-615 revision E4 with firmware 5.10 Reply with quote
I bought a D-link DIR-615 revision E4 hoping that I would be able to flash DD-WRT on it. Mine is the asian version running firmware 5.10 (no US at the end of the firmware version)

When I try to do the initial flash to dir615e1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin, it complains the firmware is not the correct version. I've tried the e1 as well as e version. Has anyone been successful with this revision version ? is there a difference between the Asian and the US version ? I've read somewhere someone tried to use the emergency flash method but that bricked his router. thanks !
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
do
http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-detection

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
did you try the walk-thru about getting to the "Emergency Room" to flash it?

***Copied from walk-thru***
1 Plug your computer into one of the LAN ports on the router, and set your IP to something in the 192.168.0.X range. Make sure the router is unplugged, too.
2 Push in the Reset button on the device, and, while keeping it pushed in, plug in the power cable. Keep the reset button pushed in until the Status LED stops blinking and becomes a solid, constant green.

Note: Other people have reported that, instead of the above, they have to: "keep holding reset button down until you note a 'short' duration where the light winks out and then comes back on (shorter than the approximately 1 second per blink, and this only happens once) and then continues on to blink at about 1 per second". Thanks to rkg22 for this!
jaydoubledub
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
also, be patient while trying to get to the Emergncy Room! I wanted to chuck my 615 out the window after a while.... I suppose it's because I'm color-deficient also though haha

What I mean is to keep trying!
overLORD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Mel321, i also have the same DIR-615 rev E4 with firmware 5.10. What i did was to follow the instructions from the DD-WRT wiki page below:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/DIR-615C

Basically, what you need to do is to check what is the hardwareID of the E4. How to do it is by looking at the original D-Link firmware from the D-Link Taiwan website (only the D-Link Taiwan website has the E4 firmware at the moment). Download and open the original D-Link firmware (download links are below) and open it using a HEX editor (i use PSPad). Scroll down all the way to the bottom of the file and you will see the hardwareID (it should read AP99-AR7240-RT-091105-01). Now, compare the hardwareID of the original D-Link firmware (DIR615E3_E4_FW510B09.bin) with the DD-WRT firmware (dir615e1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin). Edit the DD-WRT firmware to have the same hardwareID of the original D-Link firmware. For me, i only had to change the last digit from 5 to 1.

Change "AP99-AR7240-RT-091105-05" to "AP99-AR7240-RT-091105-01"

Once done, save the modified DD-WRT firmware and upload using the standard D-Link Firmware Update page. Remember to use a LAN cable for uploading the firmware. BTW, you don't even need to go to "Emergency Room" for this to work.

Original D-Link DIR-615 E4 firmware : http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/download_view_get.asp?sno=CLILMF&RelType=Firmware&ModelSno=JNJMKK&HWsno=BGCEKG

DD-WRT DIR-615 E4 firmware : ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/08-12-10-r14929/dlink-dir615e4/

Good Luck! :wink:

PS: Forgot to mentioned that once you flash with DD-WRT, the router IP changes to 192.168.1.1, so you will need to change you PC's IP to the same range (something like 192.168.1.2).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: