Client Bridge - bridge working, but can't access settings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
drasp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 20:39    Post subject: Client Bridge - bridge working, but can't access settings. Reply with quote
Just lost one of my old WRT54Gs in a lightening strike & decided to upgrade to some newer hardware. Picked up a pair of Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH routers from NewEgg & installed DD-WRT v24 sp2 on both. Set them up to run in client bridge mode & its working beautifully with one big exception. . .I can't access the settings for the bridge!

I've always used 192.168.1.2 for the primary router & 192.168.1.3 for the bridge. (This leaves 192.168.1.1 open for any future hardware that might temporarily default to that address) In the past, I could access the settings for both primary & bridge at their respective addresses, but now I can only access 192.168.1.3 from a computer hard-wired to that router - NOT ideal as I don't normally have a PC connected to it. Any ideas?
Sponsor
pigge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm having the same problem after upgrading to wzrhpg300nh-pro-v24sp2-14998 (which is the "official" dd-wrt fw from buffalo) i had no trouble before this upgrade. the latest firmware i tried before upgrading to 14998 was 14815 and with that fw i could contact both 192.168.1.2 (i also use this) and 192.168.1.100 which is my client bridge
mrkek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having the same problem with the latest firmware.

Also have a new problem.
My PS3 hardwired to the router can't see the ps3 media server anymore, upon some testing on the ps3 can't see any UPNP service, so I'm guessing that's it.
Routers tested with;
TP-Link 1043ND
D-Link DIR-615 revC2
Host router, D-Link DIR-825 B2
All routers have DDWRT.
pigge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah, i have a dreambox, PS3, TViX media center and a QNAP nas hardwired to the client-bridge. and a short time after a reboot of the client-bridge (like half an hour or so) the connected stuff cant resolv other stuff (like internet och intranet) through the DNS running on the AP (DNSmasq)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: