Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N - JFFS & PixelServ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
reverson1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:26    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N - JFFS & PixelServ Reply with quote
Hopefully someone can help me with this. I'm currently have a Buffalo Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N and I'd like to run PixelServ on it. My goal is to be able to have some nice adblocking done at the router. But, from my understanding optware doesn't work on an Atheros chipset. Is this correct? Can optware be installed to a jffs partition (I don't need samba on this router)?

I'm currently using build 14929, is there anyway to enable JFFS on this router?

If optware can't be installed on this router, is there anyway to install pixelserv or some other ad blocking software on the router?

Thanks
Richard
Sponsor
reverson1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any ideas?
Ronnie_USA
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Take a look at this >> http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47515&highlight= It's what I use.

With frater's simple ad-blocking script
reverson1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you, I had tried that previously and it didn't seem to work for some reason. However, I tried it again and it seems to be working now!

Thanks
Richard
reverson1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have another question regarding adblocking.

I'd like to restrict certain urls, but instead of getting the page cannot be displayed page, I'd prefer to have a page shown that says restricted.

I have managed to to have the page created at startup and saved to the tmp folder. I guess I need to setup an additional webserver to render the page.

But the one part that is giving me trouble is that I don't know how to have a url containing keywords redirected to this page. I thinking that the iptables command is going to be used, but I'm not quite sure of the syntax. I looked over the wiki, but it didn't make much sense to me.

Hopefully, I'm pretty clear on what I'm trying to accomplish and I'd really appreciate any help I can get with this.

Thanks
Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: