how to get native ipv6 working on e3000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
therealhellcat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:56    Post subject: how to get native ipv6 working on e3000 Reply with quote
Okay first I been looking around on here and i have been useing dd-wrt for a few years now but i have a problem with tring to get ipv6 to work natively on my linksys E3000 the settings that are on here don't work and most of all the stuff i have found on this site talks about tunneling and it not the most effective method of running on ipv6 i was wondering if anyone has a better config or if someone could talk me through it better. I have read alot of sites that talk about RADVD and they say that you have to customize it to your connection. I have tried the wiki pages way and it doesn't anounce a ipv6 address to any of my computers. everyones help would be alsome.and the 4to6 and 6to4 methods are the same as tunneling just on your end. anyone knows how to get this working i would apperecate it.

PS: I know i can spell good was in a hurry and thats a west VA education for you
Sponsor
lv426
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi therealhellcat,

what is the meaning of "native ipv6"?. Do you get a prefix from your ISP? Do you want to run all services on your E3000 with IPv6 support? Or do you want to tunnel the proto in a way?

lv426
therealhellcat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:29    Post subject: how to get native ipv6 working on e3000 Reply with quote
No i do not get one from the router but can ping from router and get one from isp. and my windows 7 computer doesn't give me a ipv6 gateway or DNS just a local link thats all i get.
lv426
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi therealhellcat,

so you get an IPv6 address from your ISP. How do you distribute it to your clients?

lv426
therealhellcat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:32    Post subject: thats the thing Reply with quote
Thats the thing i can't get it to no way no how. i turned on everything and it doesn't work if i have to i guess i will have to use hurican tunnel broker but as for now i need a script to get native to work
lv426
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi therealhellcat,

sorry but it is not clear to me. Do you get an IPv6 address from your ISP?

lv426
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: