AR670W <-> SVN revision 14896 <-> iPod Touch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Madmanguruman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 14:06    Post subject: AR670W <-> SVN revision 14896 <-> iPod Touch Reply with quote
There seems to be a common recurring theme on these forums with iPod Touch / iOS issues and dd-wrt.

My situation: Airlink AR670W with latest factory firmware, running a pure G network (no B or N devices) - two iPod Touches, one notebook, one Android phone, one Blackberry phone and a Nintendo Wii. No issues - no dropped connections, no having to restart network adapters, everything was fine from an operational standpoint for > 6 months.

Updated the AR670W with the latest available build (14896) - wanted much better control of the router than the factory firmware could provide.

After updating, the notebook and phones seem OK. Nintendo Wii and iOS devices both seem to lose connectivity after a period of time, even though the status shows 'connected'. Once the network interfaces are restarted, things work again (in short intervals).

Clearly there isn't a hardware problem, as things would not have been working perfectly beforehand.

I've seen numerous 'fixes' in various forums, none of which seem to help my situation:

- disabling DNSMasq: no help
- using Google DNS: no help
- Bluetooth off (iOS bug): no help (was already off)

I quite like the control that the dd-wrt firmware provides, but don't want to exchange a pretty GUI for an intermittent network.

Can anyone recommend some settings to try to help resolve this issue? I feel that I have little choice but to revert to the factory firmware, since we tend to use our iOS devices almost as much as our other gear combined.
Sponsor
Madmanguruman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Brainslayer build (r15693) appears to have resolved all my issues, without me changing a single setting from the previous build before reflashing. Very curious. Not that I'm complaining!
ThunderBolt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 15:23    Post subject: Re: AR670W <-> SVN revision 14896 <-> iPod Touch Reply with quote
Madmanguruman wrote:
There seems to be a common recurring theme on these forums with iPod Touch / iOS issues and dd-wrt.

My situation: Airlink AR670W with latest factory firmware, running a pure G network (no B or N devices) - two iPod Touches, one notebook, one Android phone, one Blackberry phone and a Nintendo Wii. No issues - no dropped connections, no having to restart network adapters, everything was fine from an operational standpoint for > 6 months.

Updated the AR670W with the latest available build (14896) - wanted much better control of the router than the factory firmware could provide.

After updating, the notebook and phones seem OK. Nintendo Wii and iOS devices both seem to lose connectivity after a period of time, even though the status shows 'connected'. Once the network interfaces are restarted, things work again (in short intervals).

Clearly there isn't a hardware problem, as things would not have been working perfectly beforehand.

I've seen numerous 'fixes' in various forums, none of which seem to help my situation:

- disabling DNSMasq: no help
- using Google DNS: no help
- Bluetooth off (iOS bug): no help (was already off)

I quite like the control that the dd-wrt firmware provides, but don't want to exchange a pretty GUI for an intermittent network.

Can anyone recommend some settings to try to help resolve this issue? I feel that I have little choice but to revert to the factory firmware, since we tend to use our iOS devices almost as much as our other gear combined.

I have a DIR-600 B2 and was facing the same problem. After trying your tips, wireless on my Ipod Touch v1 and my brother's Iphone 3GS is working again!
I disabled DDNS and set wireless mode to GN-Mixed.

Thank you for your post!

[]'s

Pasty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just wanted to bump this, as I had the same issue and spent a long while trying to resolve it. My android phone (running 2.3.3 at the time) would lose connection to my router (AR670W) whenever the connection went unused for over a minute or so. The phone would claim that the connection was still active but any ping attempt to the router was not returned. Other threads on this forum have people claiming that this couldn't possibly be the fault of anything but the phone, and maybe it is, but at least there's a fix.

The recommended build for this router that I had installed (14896) has some issues some devices. I tried upgrading to build 19519 but that killed my wireless entirely, so I tried 15693 as recommended here and it seems to have solved my problems.
Madmanguruman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pasty wrote:

The recommended build for this router that I had installed (14896) has some issues some devices. I tried upgrading to build 19519 but that killed my wireless entirely, so I tried 15693 as recommended here and it seems to have solved my problems.

I've been using r16454 for many months now without issue. Every build I've tried newer than r16454 has catastrophically not worked, requiring going into rescue mode, reverting back to stock then back to dd-wrt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: