Openwrt K on la Fonera without serial console...when DD-WRT?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's done. Here is a new build (with binary images and packages) of OpenWrt Kamikaze r5946 for the Atheros 2.6 target.

[URL=]/kamikaze/atheros-2.6/[/URL]

- Use the images AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Please, do not bother me or the OpenWrt developers if you brick your La Fonera router using these images. Thanks.

EDIT: gone, heini66 hosts the images now...

Last edited by on Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:11; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
goldserve
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
There may be some issues with 5946 (bug id #1114) so don't be alarmed if you can't telnet or ssh into the router. Just reflash with redboot.

Last edited by goldserve on Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:28; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
goldserve wrote:
There may be some issues with 5946 (bug id #1111) so don't be alarmed if you can't telnet or ssh into the router. Just reflash with redboot.
Seems this is already fixed with changeset [5944].
goldserve
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, the bug 1114 refers to the telnetd problems and dnsmasq problems. Still broken in 5949.
bingobommel
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
great! thanks a lot Timbuktu!

the ssid is broadcasted now. unfortunately the telnet bug makes it impossible to configure the fonera because you can not login. i can connect via ssh to 192.168.1.1 (but no dhcp, only per eth-crosscable and 192.168.1.166 as my IP) but i can't login as root because i can't set it via open telnet-connection (passwd) like described. how can i configure my password with this build and/or fix the telnet-problem?

another problem might be the missing dhcp-server - i don't get a dynamic IP via ethernet when i connect to the fonera box via eth-crosscable.

best, bommel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
goldserve wrote:
Sorry, the bug 1114 refers to the telnetd problems and dnsmasq problems. Still broken in 5949.
Hmm, is the ethernet driver working at all on the Fonera router? Can someone with a serial console confirm this?

I'm checking the telnet, SSH and DHCP issues on with a x86-2.6 (r5946) build on X86 hardware now to see if it's platform related or a generic bug...

Btw. if someone donates a Fonera router to me I can do directly debugging on Atheros SoC hardware with a serial console...
bingobommel
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
btw: the described issues were okay in the first release which was uploaded by heini66...so maybe it is worth it to have a look at the latest changesets?!

i would like to support you by releasing and uploading a verified version of an working fonera-kamikaze build together with a little "step-by-step"-howto with some of the main configuration-requests (like "how to make it an WDS-repeater", "how to make it an hotspot with WPA-encryption", "how to make it an AP-client"...). so: if you need any help/support plz feel free to pm.

best, bommel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
bingobommel wrote:
btw: the described issues were okay in the first release which was uploaded by heini66...so maybe it is worth it to have a look at the latest changesets?!l
In the relevant changesets I can't find something which could break telnet/ssh and DHCP. Maybe only the Busybox 1.3.1 upgrade...

We will know it soon. And if it's busybox I'll create a Image with the old working Busybox 1.2.1.
goldserve
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
It does seem to be busybox 1.3.1 and i heard that dnsmasq is spitting out some weird messages so that explains the messages. Cheers!
mr.f00
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Heini66 wrote:
mr.f00 wrote:

wlan works fine as well, but the wlan-led never turned on...
some ideas about that?

will follow later, after gpio's have been found.

to rip the gpio's from fonera source isn't that difficult.
but i want to test it ... and hmm
/usr/bin/gpio: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

at least /dev/gpio don't exist...

how i have to compile my kamikaze image????
goldserve
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think we need a GPIO driver for the atheros board itself. Hopefully we can locate more gpio pins we can use so we can maybe put the SD CARD mod in the fonera as well. We really only need one GPIO as the flash already use the SPI bus.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
mr.f00 wrote:
how i have to compile my kamikaze image????
Easy. Setup a development environment (on Windows with the VMware player and a Ubuntu Image, see the sticky thread in the OpenWrt Developers forum).

Or wait a bit and I'll upload a new image. I think nbd already fixed the Busybox issues in subversion...
goldserve
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used the same guide to setting up a devel environment and it's all working. Running VMWARE player and Ubuntu image. I just compiled the latest image and i'm testing it out on my fonera RIGHT now. I need at least 20 mins to upload the image to the fonera so i'll report back later. Cheers!

Edit: Still not fixed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
goldserve wrote:
Edit: Still not fixed.
Right. Better we stick to 1.2.1 for now.

I'll make a fresh build with Busybox 1.2.1 and upload it later...
bingobommel
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
unfortunately i flashed my fonera with the buggy image and now i don't know how to reflash. the problem is that i get the bootscript-alert when i power on and connect via telnet to 192.168.1.254 on port 9000 but when i press ^C (Control+C) the box didn't show the "RedBoot>"-promt like expected.

any hints?

best, bommel

(and thanks to all of you for making this topic a great and thrilling experiment...!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: