Wireless Issues - Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Jath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 22:24    Post subject: Wireless Issues - Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Reply with quote
Hello there,

I am currently having wireless issues with my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH router with the released DD-WRT firmware from them themselves. If I should go to their forums, I will. Just tell me.

Anywho, as the title says, I am having wireless issues with it. A few times a day, daily, my wireless just kind of cuts out. On all computers. My moms laptop can't even see the SSID let alone connect to it, and my laptop sees the SSID, but I can't connect to it at all. I checked the router status and it shows it's up, no dropped packets or anything, etc. The only way to get wireless back up and running correctly is to unplug the power and plug it back in.

At the same time, wired connections work completely fine.

Wireless Settings:
Code:
Radio
Radio is On
Mode
AP   
Network
Mixed   
SSID
<SSID>
Channel
6 (2437 MHz)
TX Power
19 dBm
Rate
65 Mb/s
ACK Timing
35µs (2100m) 
Encryption - Interface ath0
Enabled, WPA2 Personal
PPTP Status
Disconnected

Any thoughts by chance?

If any other information is needed, let me know. I'll grab it for you.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsor
Jath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone got information on this by chance? Sorry for being persistent.
al_indigo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Buffalo released a very crappy firmware, firmware from Brainslayer works much more stable.
That's the main topic for WZR-HP-G300NH: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51532&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

(it's better to read backwards from the 39th page).

Brainslayer's firmware could be found there:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/

The latest suitable for you firmware at this moment for example is there: http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/11-17-10-r15747/buffalo_wzr-hp-g300nh/wzr-hp-g300nh-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin

Good luck.
DrewG5
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some people are having luck on the latest builds outlined above with a few settings changes.

ACK Timing: try some where around 500 to 600 range (same issue I had with the D-Link DIR-825 and DIR-655)

Also try using a fixed channel not an auto selected channel.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
try to change ur channel. channel 6 is the most common channel used. im having the same issue the 1st time getting this AP. is due to the channel conflict apparently.
madiori
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
try 14929, after all try the 15xxx,I give up and flash back to it, 14929 will be the most wireless stable firmware for the G3000NH.
I have already one week without wireless broken up with this build.
blastagator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you tried 15747 madiori?
madiori
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
blastagator wrote:
Have you tried 15747 madiori?

Yes, still unstable and have to restart the wireless to get the connection(Same as other 15xxx build), and I'll not try any new build now, untill the wireless stable issue solved.
Jath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_indigo wrote:
The latest suitable for you firmware at this moment for example is there: http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/11-17-10-r15747/buffalo_wzr-hp-g300nh/wzr-hp-g300nh-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin

Alright, so far I tried this build for the router and just had the same problem not too long ago. First time today, though. Upgraded the firmware last night.

So far settings are:
Code:
Radio
Radio is On
Mode
AP   
Network
Mixed   
SSID
<SSID>
Channel
11 (2462 MHz)
TX Power
14 dBm
Rate
65 Mb/s
ACK Timing
35µs (2100m) 
Encryption - Interface ath0
Enabled, WPA2 Personal
PPTP Status
Disconnected

I changed the channel in hopes that it will fix it, but I doubt it.

Now, the last router I had also had this type of problem. Constantly dropping the wireless but keeping hardwired up - it was a WRT160N v3.

I did have a problem last night where our modem from Comcast kept blinking the UpStream (US) light constantly and wouldn't stop until this morning, allowing us internet again. We're having a tech come out tomorrow to check it out, but could the modem be doing something to cause the problem? I kind of thought no.

@Madiori - I'll try that firmware out if I get another drop once again. 14929 correct?
madiori
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, I think you should try 14929 to see if the wireless will stable same as my G300NH.
jboxmods
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
is 14929 still the best option for this router? I upgraded to the newest 16214 and it appears to be worse than the stock dd-wrt firmware (I've adjusted the ACK, and set it to just the bands I'm using in the house [G & N], etc) yet I'm still having to reset my laptop's wireless adapter every few minutes, and sometimes I lose internet connectivity - other times it says I have internet but everything times out.

Urg!

secondly - I'm thinking of adding better antennas to the unit, does it matter if they'er both on top, both on the back, or if one is on top and one on the bottom (wall mounting)? I've read other threads that say they should be as far apart as possible due to the MIMO setup of the router. Thoughts?
gem1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 22:41    Post subject: Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH wired and wireless freezing Reply with quote
I am having the same basic issue as listed above, on my WZR-HP-G300NH running firmware ver 14998. I bought the WZR-HP-G300NH, because my Linksys WRT54G running the micro FW V3.1, was having the identical issue. I assumed it was the micro version, which was known to have issues. It now appears there are very basic issues with DD-WRT on multiple routers?

So, what do people really use for commercial business and Hotspots?
alexjac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I upgraded to the latest 16214, it seems more than the stock DD - WRT firmware I have adjusted the ACK, and set it's just my house [G & N] such as the use of the band, but the difference I still reset my laptop wireless adapter every few minutes, sometimes I lose the Internet connection.

Navigation

Jump to: