Solved: WRT54G2 V1 Static DHCP and port forwarding problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
seth351
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 23:14    Post subject: Solved: WRT54G2 V1 Static DHCP and port forwarding problems Reply with quote
Hi. I searched the Wiki and the forum for this problem but didn't find a solution. I flashed a WRT54G2 V1 with DD-WRT specifically to get static DHCP functionality. I followed the install instructions explicitly to the best of my ability. I originally flashed dd-wrt.v24-10709_NEWD_micro.bin per the instructions for this router. I then flashed dd-wrt.v24-12548_NEWD_micro.bin via the GUI as directed. And, yes, I did the 30-30-30 hard reset before AND after. However, the status page still says the the firmware is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/30/08) micro - build 10709M NEWD Eko

The problem I'm having is that the DHCP server refuses to assign the specified IP to one of the MAC addresses, and consistently gives it to another. All the other devices seem to get the right IP so far. To complicate matters, the services page does not show the static leases although they are apparently there as when I try to reenter them, it tells me they already exist. As I add static leases, it just shows more blank leases.

Also the NAT/QoS page does not show the port forwards I've entered. I haven't tested to see if they're actually working.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Seth

Last edited by seth351 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:01; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
fattest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a similar problem. DD-WRT assigns IP's in the range of 192.168.1.100-150. When you want to use static dhcp, the assigned ip has to be outside that range. See http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=81275
seth351
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, fattest. Strange. My experience with this is limited but I seem to recall that my Airlink 101 wouldn't take static DHCP assignments outside the DHCP range. I'll give it a try, though, and let you know.

I still need resolution of the apparent failure of the firmware upgrade to take and the failure of the GUI to show the static DHCP leases and port forwards.

Thanks again, fattest.
seth351
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
That seems to be working, fattest. Thanks! And I just realized why my static DHCP leases weren't showing up. I was clicking "save" instead of "apply settings". They're showing up now.

Now I just need to resolve why my firmware upgrade didn't take and which build I should be using. Should I post another thread about that?

Seth
Peabody
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
No. It was likely a browser issue. See the announcements for all the info you will likely need.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
What was a browser issue? If you're referring to the apparent failure of my firmware upgrade to take, I've read the announcements and didn't see anything about that. If it's there and I didn't see it, I apologize. Should I just try it again?
Peabody
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you followed the proper process, in the announcements, and flashed the proper file, explained in the announcements, then you likely were displaying a browser cached page from your old version, which is a common issue explained in the announcements. So, btw, is the need to hit apply and not just save, and what version you should be using. So, it appears likely that all you need is there. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw the part about hitting "apply", but only after coming to the forum.

Three different browsers, two of which I've never used to access the router, report the build as 10709 and I'm pretty sure I followed the upgrade instructions to the letter. I'll reread the announcements and try again. Thanks.
Peabody
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Make sure you flashed a MICRO file, not a mini file or a Micro Plus. Process is in note 1 of the peacock. 12548 is a good build. It will work if you do it properly. Let us know.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will do. The file I flashed is dd-wrt.v24-12548_NEWD_micro.bin and I did it per Note 1 of the Peacock. I will re-download the file and try flashing it again, but I'll have to wait awhile for people to get off this network so I don't have to deal with "Daddy, my Internet's not working". ;)

Also I've discovered that the router keeps reverting to the WAN IP assigned by the ATT U-Verse RG. I can't seem to keep the router in the RG's DMV so that it has the WAN IP. But I'll deal with that once I get the latest build on the router.

Thanks again.
seth351
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I still haven't gotten around to trying to update the build again yet. Hopefully tonight. When I do so successfully I'll let you know and mark this thread "solved".

Seth
seth351
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firmware upgrade to build 12548 successful. Don't know what I did wrong the first time. Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: