Connect WPS-enabled printer to my dd-wrt router?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
countchocula
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 15:01    Post subject: Connect WPS-enabled printer to my dd-wrt router? Reply with quote
Hi Folks,

I just got an HP C4780 wireless printer. The only way to hook it up to my wireless network is via "WPS". Is there any way to hook up a WPS device to my dd-wrt network?

my setup is with one wrt54g-v2 and a wrt54g-v3 repeater with WEP both running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/22/09) std.

any help would be greatly appreciated! i couldn't find anything about this online...

thanks,
allie
Sponsor
countchocula
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, just saw this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=440963

So, while dd-wrt doesn't implement WPS (ugh, bummer for me), i wonder if there's any way to write a script that would accomplish the same thing? I just want to connect this freaking printer to my network...

thanks in advance for any thoughts....
countchocula
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok - so, i managed to set up the printer over usb to connect to the network via wireless. crisis averted.
mk378
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
You will need to temporarily connect the printer to a computer via USB and install / use the HP software to configure the wireless settings (SSID and encryption, if any). After that has been done you can disconnect the USB and use it wireless.

Edit: OK good then never mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: