Linksys E2000 / E3000 test builds here

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
medlines
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 17:51    Post subject: Re: Flashing E3000 Reply with quote
contentwhores wrote:
medlines wrote:
Hello Guys, I am new to this DD-WRT thing.
I have a Linksys E3000 And would like to flash it with Dd-WRT software so I can work with Strong VPN, but the thing is I am not sure how to do it and which Build should I use .
Any Help guys, Appreciate all the info . Thanks in advance.

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E3000

Good luck!

Thanks. Very Happy
Sponsor
max pl
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
nevermind. got it.

Last edited by max pl on Mon Dec 20, 2010 16:14; edited 1 time in total
kushari
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys, I think I found a bug, not sure. I am using build 15778 on my e3000. After a while I can not connect to the 2.4ghz ssid using my iPhone 4 even though I can see it. It sometimes tells me that the passphrase I used is incorrect (which it is not) or it tells me that it can not join. No problems on the 5.4ghz of the same type.

PS. I found that resetting the router gets it to work again for a while before it happens again. Thanks for making such great firmware btw, this post was not meant to complain just to help out.
edrikk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
kushari wrote:
Hey guys, I think I found a bug, not sure. I am using build 15778 on my e3000. After a while I can not connect to the 2.4ghz ssid using my iPhone 4 even though I can see it. It sometimes tells me that the passphrase I used is incorrect (which it is not) or it tells me that it can not join. No problems on the 5.4ghz of the same type.

PS. I found that resetting the router gets it to work again for a while before it happens again. Thanks for making such great firmware btw, this post was not meant to complain just to help out.

Confirmed on my end as well... It's been like that for me, for a while now... Even my laptop (Acer Satelite disconnects now and then on the 2.4GHz band).

The devs don't really fix Broadcom issues, so I don't foresee this going away.
max pl
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
same here, but i'm on the initial firmware, not 15778.
ilkevinli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same issue.

kushari wrote:

max pl
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
can someone help me set up a static ip? ive done this before but want to make sure i get it right so i dont brick.

I have:

IP 192.168.1.8
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

DNS Preferred 192.168.1.1
Alternate is blank

Is this right? i'm guessing i dont do anything on the router since i'm hard resetting it.
Apokrif
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
max pl wrote:
can someone help me set up a static ip? ive done this before but want to make sure i get it right so i dont brick.

I have:

IP 192.168.1.8
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

DNS Preferred 192.168.1.1
Alternate is blank

Is this right? i'm guessing i dont do anything on the router since i'm hard resetting it.

You did right. Very Happy
max pl
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks. just did the upgrade and everything went fine.
kushari
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
edrikk wrote:

Confirmed on my end as well... It's been like that for me, for a while now... Even my laptop (Acer Satelite disconnects now and then on the 2.4GHz band).

Could you please elaborate? I feel like that means there's a permanent problem which kind of turns me off to the router. Laughing
mackdaddy187
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 16:59    Post subject: Revert Back Reply with quote
Hey guys I have a E2000 with DDWRT. I want to revert back to factory firmware since DDWRT is shaky with streaming for me. Do I just install the update firmware available on the Linksys website?
Ronnie_USA
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 17:04    Post subject: Re: Revert Back Reply with quote
mackdaddy187 wrote:
Hey guys I have a E2000 with DDWRT. I want to revert back to factory firmware since DDWRT is shaky with streaming for me. Do I just install the update firmware available on the Linksys website?

All you need to do is download the newest firmware for your router from Linksys, and flash from within the web gui of DD-WRT.

With frater's simple ad-blocking script
mackdaddy187
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 17:10    Post subject: Re: Revert Back Reply with quote
Ronnie_USA wrote:
mackdaddy187 wrote:

All you need to do is download the newest firmware for your router from Linksys, and flash from within the web gui of DD-WRT.

I just want to confirm, by newest firmware you mean the firmware update available on the Linksys website right? I don't want to brick my router and find out that firmware is for updating purposes only. Also I use the same method I used for installing DDWRT right?

THank YOu so much
Ronnie_USA
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 18:54    Post subject: Re: Revert Back Reply with quote
mackdaddy187 wrote:
Ronnie_USA wrote:
mackdaddy187 wrote:

I just want to confirm, by newest firmware you mean the firmware update available on the Linksys website right? I don't want to brick my router and find out that firmware is for updating purposes only. Also I use the same method I used for installing DDWRT right?

THank YOu so much

Right

Good Luck!!

With frater's simple ad-blocking script
j0hn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
edrikk wrote:
kushari wrote:

I periodically lose connection to 2.4ghz from my dell laptop with windows7. I thought it was just me. Anyone have any ideas?

Build 15334 NEWD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 74, 75, 76  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 58 of 76
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: