Belkin F7D3302 v1 slow?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
illiac4
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:03    Post subject: Belkin F7D3302 v1 slow? Reply with quote
Hi i have flashed Belkin F7D3302 v1 with latest BS 15962 build. First flash it with specific build for F7D3302 mini build and then later with big build.

The router is totally slow. The wi-fi is getting connection with speed of 1Mb. It is restarting sometime and is unusable. I have also did 30/30/30 reset, have tried some others earlier builds from BS and Eko and all was the same slow and unresponsive and unstable.

Then i have put the original firmware back on it to see if the unit is defect and it works totally normally, good and solid.

Does anyone knows where can be the catch or. what should i do?
Sponsor
mk378
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found it works a lot better to set the wireless mode to "G only" (or "N only" if all of your wireless clients support N). Using mixed modes resulted in very poor performance from dd-wrt's wireless driver.

Also choose a channel manually, don't use automatic. For G or N networks, only channels 1, 6, or 11 should be used because the signal is wideband and spreads over several of the old B channels.
newreader
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:21    Post subject: how do you put belkin 3302 orginal firmware back? Reply with quote
ww-drt disconnect my wireless clients often even if I set it as you suggested, and signal is weak. some laptop keep identifying forever then returned not connected or no-internet connection. This does not happen to my original firmware.

Do you know how to put my orginal firmware back?

Thanks
mk378
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can use the CFE to put stock firmware back. Download the stock firmware file from Belkin. Power down the router then press and hold the reset button while you plug power in. Keep holding button for about 10 seconds, until the power light comes on. Use web browser to connect (wired) to router at 192.168.2.1. You should get a very simple page. Click "Erase NVRAM". Then use the file box to select and load the stock firmware.
newreader
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 15:44    Post subject: used cfe, but router is disconnected after click upload Reply with quote
used cfe, but router is disconnected after click upload.

To get in to cfe web page, The way you suggested does not work on my router.

set up wired network card to 192.168.2.8.

I have to just press reset when power is on, when power light becomes orange, I can get in to cef web page on 192.128.2.1

used cfe, reset navram.
continue,
but router is disconnected after click upload

using F7D3302_WW_1.00.23.bin, should I use some smaller bin?

Thanks
newreader
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 17:39    Post subject: Back to orignal version. Reply with quote
Changed the browser to IE, it works now.

This router's original firmware is faster and much more stable than runing ww-drt system
illiac4
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes original firmware is much better for this unit. It is unusable with dd-wrt. Hope it will change in the future.
I do not recommend this unit even if it has fast processor.
rpkemp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm happy to say that the above is not true for me. I bought an F7D3302 because it was cheap, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it works with DD-WRT. USB support works as does everything else I've tried.

As for the original firmware, it's utterly useless. There's no way to allocate static IP addresses through DHCP, and you're apparently limited to accessing USB storage and printers through some ghastly Windows-only utility software (not that I ever bothered to try).

If I hadn't been able to load DD-WRT on it I probably would have taken a sledgehammer to it by now. Speed under DD-WRT is identical to the original firmware, as far as I can tell.

Currently using dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin and it's working well so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: