Buffalo instead of Linksys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
wifinetguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 19:54    Post subject: Buffalo instead of Linksys Reply with quote
Hi, everyone. I've been using Linksys' WRT54G for a long time for my customers' networks. However, I'm not happy at all with the v5, v6, v7, etc. of the Linksys router since they moved to the "new" image. I'd like to start using Buffalo's equivalent and load the DD-WRT firmware.

Can someone give me some suggestions on which Buffalo product to use to replace the WRT54G? Also, if I just need an AP, what Buffalo product?

Thanks for any help. Have a great New Year, everyone.
Sponsor
adisor19
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 20:07    Post subject: Re: Buffalo instead of Linksys Reply with quote
wifinetguy wrote:
Hi, everyone. I've been using Linksys' WRT54G for a long time for my customers' networks. However, I'm not happy at all with the v5, v6, v7, etc. of the Linksys router since they moved to the "new" image. I'd like to start using Buffalo's equivalent and load the DD-WRT firmware.

Can someone give me some suggestions on which Buffalo product to use to replace the WRT54G? Also, if I just need an AP, what Buffalo product?

Thanks for any help. Have a great New Year, everyone.

Your best bet is the WHR-HP-G54. The latest revision comes with a high gain antenna and the router itself has a built in signal amplifier wich should give you much higher performance then the equivalanet WRT54GL.

Adi
wifinetguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. And I can load dd-wrt on this, right?
p1415
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. And I can load dd-wrt on this, right?

Well, it's like, one of the recommended routers for DD-WRT:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices
wifinetguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: