is this layout possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
h3xis
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 22:22    Post subject: is this layout possible? Reply with quote
There is a guy I have been talking to in IRC who has a wireless ISP. He has an antenna on the roof of his house and since it's kind of difficult to describe so he has drawn a picture to show how he wants it.

He does not currently have a router at the moment but was wondering if any routers have the capability to do this. I informed him of dd-wrt and the Linksys WRT54G and its 2 antennaes. I know that they are there for "maximum coverage" by default but I have noticed that within the firmware config you can specify the RX and TX antenna (left or right). Here is what the plan is but I wanted to run this by the forum to make sure it is a valid configuration. He wants to connect the pigtail cable connected to the antenna on his roof to one of the antenna "ports" (sorry for the simple terminology) and he wants to have the signal forwarded throughout the other antenna, while being able to have a wired connection. In other words, connect the antenna pigtail cable to the RX "port" and then leave the stock antenna screwed into the TX "port." Is this legit? Sorry if this all sounds fuzzy. If any clarification is needed I'll try to do my best to make it more clear.
Sponsor
alain
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will work with DD-WRT v24 as repeater, but the bandwidth is not optimal (however ok for internet). For a better bandwidth use 2 WRT's, ona as client, one as AP.
h3xis
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
So you're saying this has no potential to work at all then?
alain
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
So you're saying this has no potential to work at all then?

Thats not what I said.
I can't guarantee that it works, but it probably will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: