TP-Link WR-1043ND: Stock firmware vs dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
chigo58
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've tried all the latest builds of DDWRT for this router and have something I lack. For example Samba is missing from the recommended version on the router DB. Later SVN version have this, however WDS has issues.

I love the features of DDWRT as well the stability however, I've since reverted to using the stock firmware for these routers as I find that WDS works pretty well and SAMBA works without issues with OS-X.

I'll have to wait for a more stable feature laden version of DDWRT.

x1 TL-WR1043ND v1.10 DDWRT_r29721
x1 WRT54GL v1.1 DDWRT r14929
x1 WHR-HP-G54 Tomato 1.28
Sponsor
ogredani
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it possible to use this router as a repeater (stock or with dd-wrt loaded)?
matorsk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you LOM for your webrevert firmware, but I would ask you, it is possible to use it for openwrt too? I mean flash factory image in openwrt web gui to kik of openwrt Smile, because a I would like to check both firmwares DDWRT and Openwrt, thank you a lot for answer.
teethdood
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Setting up wireless security in DD_WRT did not work for me. As soon as I selected anything other than "disabled" the apply.cgi would stall out. So now I'm forced to go back to stock using LOM's bin file. However, when uploading the stock bin file, upgrade.cgi also stalls out. What can I do? Help! Thanks

Edit: I have to use IE in order to revert to stock firmware. I was also able to use IE to setup wireless security, but only after restarting IE
matorsk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
And do you uploading via lan or wireless, because I uploaded LOMs bin succesfully. In DD wrt I uploaded LOMs rom in web interface and waited to cutdown ends, but after that it was like freeze so i waited arround 5 minutes a turn off and tur on router and original firmware was there Smile.
HeinBloed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM, thank u very much! With this webrevert-file u saved my sunday! Now i have my router with newest stock firmware.
Gunn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
teethdood wrote:
Setting up wireless security in DD_WRT did not work for me. As soon as I selected anything other than "disabled" the apply.cgi would stall out. So now I'm forced to go back to stock using LOM's bin file. However, when uploading the stock bin file, upgrade.cgi also stalls out. What can I do? Help! Thanks

From what I gathered in reading the main routers thread (all 62 pages of it at this time), only WPA2-AES security works. Not sure if that's true or not because I haven't tried it, just researching all the required settings before I do go for it.
v.plessky
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

The router has a very short tftp window before continuing to boot and it can be hard to slip into it.
Here is a revert file, unpack the archive and upload the binary file in dd-wrt's web gui.

I have not tested the file, I don't have a TL-WR1043N but the file should be ok.

LOM:
Are there any updates, as of Jan.2011, on reverting back to stock firmware?
We are preparing FAQ for WR1043ND users, and would appreciate any additional comments/suggestions.
v.plessky
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
HeinBloed wrote:
LOM, thank u very much! With this webrevert-file u saved my sunday! Now i have my router with newest stock firmware.

What are benefits of "newest stock firmware" for you?
Would appreciate your comments.
virremova
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
the benefits are stable 300Mbps wifi connections.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
virremova wrote:
the benefits are stable 300Mbps wifi connections.

Thank you.
Is it this only benefit?
Have not 300Mbps connection speed been fixed in DD-Wrt?

FYI: we need info for FAQ/Wiki (local users)

P.S. I have OpenWrt Backfire 10.03.1-RC4 on my WR1043ND, so not aware about any issues with DD-Wrt.
chinmas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 19:31    Post subject: Had 2 v1.7 WR1043NDs - both suffer from same problem Reply with quote
The first one I got, I installed dd-wrt on it, just the factory-to-ddwrt.bin one. It worked perfectly for about 1 week, then both devices began to act badly.

1. random reboots, sometimes less than 10-12 hours apart - knocking everything offine
2. out of memory problems (looking at the router stats page, available memory less than 1 MB) - the connection to the WAN would hang or be significantly delayed (ping times jumped from 30ms to 300-600ms)
3. wireless taking REALLY long time to connect (more than 30 seconds when it usually took less than 5)
4. router rebooting and losing WAN IP address to the point of being unreachable for 15-20 min before new IP address was issued by Comcast

I RMA'd the first one thinking it had to be related to hardware. I also noticed some REALLY bad connectivity issues on the stock firmware for the WR1043ND as well.

Issues I ran into with stock firmware:
-- wireless dropping connections randomly, and sometimes taking VERY long time to completely connect (get authenticated to WPA2, get IP, etc.)
-- Bittorrent would knock whichever LAN port on router was being used. I have a second 8 port gigabit switch connected to this router. If one of the PCs on the switch used bittorrent overwhelming the # of open connections on that port, it would knock everything off the network (unpingable, destination unreachable errors) that was connected to that switch and LAN port on the router.

Turns out, stock firmware is complete crap, and dd-wrt is like lipstick on a pig. Neither worked consistently, and I'm about to pack up and RMA the second unit for a refund this time because I'm done dealing with horrible firmware, and absolutely no solutions from the dd-wrt team to make this thing work like my Netgear and Linksys wireless G routers from the past.

I had thought when I bought this device that because it was so easy to install dd-wrt that someone would have been working on making it work right... Unfortunately, I've been mistaken.
nilz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks and bye bye DD-WRT
i hope i see you never again...
temp4DL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
just want to go back to original firmware as my wireless has been droping no matter what i do with ddwrt sometimes it will b days sometimes hours but eventually i will need to hard reset to get my wifi back router model is tplink 1043nd tried all firmwares no luck. also fastest connect i got was 60 even though show 130 once and a while but never true 300. tried all settings wpa 2, wep, open 20/40 40 Nonly mixed only thing i ever noticed is after saving or changing any settings problems happend sooner and more offten needed reset less settings i change longer last before needed reset . must be a problem with saving and reboot of setttings saving settings over lan did work better than over wireless but regardless the wireless would eventually drop newer firmwares seemed to be more buggy than older ones but never got N speeds so bye bye ddwrt hope i don't brick trying to revert back since there is such crap instruction on howto do so....
grgz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using the stock firmware on my v1.8 unit. Check my system uptime. Also it works flawlessly and the wireless is there whenever i need it. Laughing

Navigation

Jump to: