Devices won't reconnect after access restriction is over

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
RKramkowski
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 21:06    Post subject: Devices won't reconnect after access restriction is over Reply with quote
Hi, I just got the Cisco E3000 router and immediately flashed the firmware to WRT-DD V24-14853. All is working well and I've set up policies for access restrictions for several PCs (wireless and wired), XBox 360s (wired), and a Wii (wireless).

I set them to disable the kid's devices by MAC address at 10pm in all cases - same policy for all. All devices are blocked at 10pm. When the access restriction timeperiod is over, one or two of the devices won't re-establish a connection. Although it seems to be worse with the wireless devices, I've also seen it with wired. It's not always the same device. Now that I've been running for awhile, every one of my devices with a restricted access policy has experienced this at least once. I then have to go and make a change to the policy and apply and save in order for the device to reconnect.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there some kind of keepalive flag I have to set or something that I missed?

Oh, I don't broadcast the SSID.

Thanks,
Bob
Sponsor
Slione
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having the same issue with my e3000 running build 15704_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-e2k-e3k. I have 3 kids with Ipods, the restriction setup to shut them off at 9:30 pm and turn back on at 7:00 am, blocking by MAC address. It shuts them off fine but does not allow access at 7:00 am. I have to reboot the router to get them going. Anyone have any ideas on what may be causing the restrictions to not be lifted?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having a similar issue with my router as well. It started maybe two weeks ago (we were on vacation for part of the time so the timing isn't 100% accurate).

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/22/09) mini (SVN revision 12548M NEWD Eko) on a Linksys WRT54GL.

It was running fine for about a year, access policies cutting my daughter off at 11pm, resuming in the morning. Now wired and wireless devices won't reconnect until I reboot the router.

I've got them blocked by IP and MAC address. It might be overkill, but she's smart enough to figure out how to get around at least one of them.

I'm willing to start my own thread if that would be the correct thing to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: