DD-WRT on Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (N+)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
TigerFire13
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have v2010 of this router and used Brainslayer's firmware. works great so far, lan ports work, wifi works, and pptp vpn server working as well! thank you thank you thank you!
Sponsor
apexj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the v2000 and I installed the firmware posted on 12/26 but now none of the ethernet ports seem to be working. I can connect to the router with wifi and the menu seems to be working etc, but it won't pickup the modem or any PC's plugged into it... any ideas?
TigerFire13
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
apexj, it seems as if you have the same symptoms thebudman420 had/has? if so, you could have a different switch version, and this firmware will not work for you.
apexj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to get it back to the POS Belkin firmware?
TigerFire13
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
back on page 7 about halfway down LOM posted a revert and instructions, you must have just missed it. It appears to work, but I guarantee nothing.
apexj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, that did work... I will try again later when a new one comes out... for now, this goes back into the closet.
DanaG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now, how do I get my WAN port to work when assigned to LAN? It seems like that port is passing no non-broadcast traffic OUT!

What's really odd is that doing the reverse (upstream router to LAN, and computer to WAN port) seems to work! I really don't want to do that, though... if the dd-wrt router ever loses its settings*, I don't want it to break the upstream network.

Also: whenever I log in to reply to a post, it directs me to the root of the forums!

* I've had this randomly happen three times, with two different pieces of hardware.

EDIT: looks like I found the reason: a messed-up cable. Broadcom Advanced Control Suite tells me pairs 3 and 4 have status "short".

Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic insert of the message in a forum. Your message is not posted. Try still times who knows - can it will turn out? Still probably, that you too long wrote the message - then pass to page back, copy the text, update page, insert the copied text and press button "Send".
izech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your fantastic work so far!

Will there eventually be an universal version which supports the 8366SR and the 8366RB interface on the v2?

Would be a new years dream come true!
webcodem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can confirm that the firmware posted by BrainSlayer is working on my F5D8235-4 v2000. Great job, works perfectly Very Happy
No more POS Belkin firmware Smile
izech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
"It looks like this archive ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/GPL/D … ar.bz2.zip has all many files required for the switch driver. Just look in Kernel/linux-2.6.20/drivers/net/rtl8366sr."
DanaG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, my WAN port behavior is getting even stranger: wireshark on wifi and logs on upstream router tell me that the dhcp packets go like this:

computer's request -> dd-wrt lan -> dd-wrt wan -> upstream router

router's reply -> dd-wrt wan -> ???? (it gets lost here!)

The "short" was a red herring... it seems the upstream non-gigabit router ties pairs 3 and 4 to ground.

EDIT: So, for now I've reverted back to the stock firmware.

Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic insert of the message in a forum. Your message is not posted. Try still times who knows - can it will turn out? Still probably, that you too long wrote the message - then pass to page back, copy the text, update page, insert the copied text and press button "Send".
TeamMCS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
the v2 (ralink rt3052) based device is now working and tested. attached the firmware which can be installed directly from belkin web interface.
features like nas/samba/ftp are included as well as 3g/umts support.

do not install any other firmware than this. the realtek 8366rb switch is very special. so use only the firmware made for this device. otherwise ethernet wont work

Excellent work mate. Do you have any hints how you pulled it off? I'm quite eager to learn how you've pulled it off as I've got my [as of yet unknown] version arriving shortly.
kc6sye
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
tftp-hpa is not the easiest tftp server to set up, one has to edit config and scripts file first.
There is from what I can see no linux gui based tftp servers like tftpd32 for windows.

Here is a revert file which should work, unpack the binary from the rar archive and upload it via wireless to dd-wrt firmware upgrade gui page.

Do you have something to put back the f5d8235v2_ww_2.01.08.bin via the serial console flash? Use of this file fails to boot, dwrt was on there and booting to serial port with nothing else working (though my XP Pro pc said ethernet port link up), turns out the chip is the SR (hw 2110/2000 depending on where you look on the bottom). Could not get to the dd-wrt web page Crying or Very sad

So I have a serial port header soldered in and got option 2 to load (using FDMI usb to ttl converter cable). File starts to come down but a stream of bad check sum messages stream in. After flashing and booting the console shows:

3: System Boot system code via Flash.
## Booting image at bf050000 ...
Bad Magic Number,48445230

BTW the tftp server I am using is known working, we use it to load our engineering software builds on our products.
kc6sye
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shucks, never mind, after looking over the thread several times, I tried hexedit of the default binary as suggested by LOM, loaded that new image onto the tftp server as test.bin. Rebooted and via menu option 2 was able to reload the router. Not sure if it is truly up and running. . .will test at home later tonight.

Did a full 30 seconds reset. Router boots as normally (Ethernet port LEDs walk up and down....)

So Back to watching for a better release for this thing, limited usb connectivity and sharing controls makes this thing a dog.

Edit, its good to go.
TeamMCS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is working great on my router, SAMBA fired up nicely.

Excellent work brain slayers. Let me know if I can help anyway.

side note: does anyone know the best way to reenable port-forwarding loopback without adding additional iptable rules?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26, 27, 28  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 28
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: