Converting a WRT320N into E2000 (Success!)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
fallout330
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
fallout330 wrote:

Very Nice tidbit buddee! Thanks for that one, certainly will try out.

In your case it would be somewhat different because of the antenna mod, if those are 6dBi antennas then you would probably need to run at 42-45mW for optimal, due to factoring the dBi on the antenna rating as well.

The built in PIFA antennas on average (they rate differently for whatever mode you have it running in IE B/G/N etc) have a 2dBi rating, so 50mW is ok at that point.

Very good, thanks for the update. This is something I never really looked into, thanks again buddee.

curtis8523
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
so i run OSX so i dont have winSCP is there a mac alternative?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
curtis8523 wrote:

I don't have a mac but, last i knew there was an app out called Fugu for mac, you may want to try google that and anything else you may need for mac hardware.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
curtis8523
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have downloaded fugu and attempt to connect but it says permission denied (publickey)

i got everything else i needed for mac but can sftp into the router
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't know what to say from here, when i SCP into the wrt320n, so long as i simply enabled ssh nothing more, just enableing it, i never get an error logging in.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
donmontalvo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
curtis8523 wrote:

I don't have a mac but, last i knew there was an app out called Fugu for mac, you may want to try google that and anything else you may need for mac hardware.

I'd look at Cyberduck. It's freeware with a donation nag screen. Most of us give the author $5 US to encourage development. Fugu is fine but hasn't been updated in 6 years.

I donated €10.00 EUR to DD-WRT in Nov 09 and it was a great feeling knowing it made a difference. I also donated to the Cyberduck author...for the same reason. :)

http://cyberduck.ch/

Don
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
donmontalvo wrote:
buddee wrote:
curtis8523 wrote:

I'd look at Cyberduck. It's freeware with a donation nag screen. Most of us give the author $5 US to encourage development. Fugu is fine but hasn't been updated in 6 years.

I donated €10.00 EUR to DD-WRT in Nov 09 and it was a great feeling knowing it made a difference. I also donated to the Cyberduck author...for the same reason. :)

Don

I just looked over that app, it reads as follows...

With an easy to use interface, connect to FTP (File Transfer Protocol), FTP/TLS (FTP secured over SSL/TLS), SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer), WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning), Amazon S3, Google Storage, Google Docs, Windows Azure and Rackspace Cloud Files. Works with emerging open cloud software from Eucalyptus and OpenStack.

Mentions everything in there except SCP, does it in fact support SCP?

donmontalvo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
donmontalvo wrote:
buddee wrote:
curtis8523 wrote:

Don

I just looked over that app, it reads as follows...

With an easy to use interface, connect to FTP (File Transfer Protocol), FTP/TLS (FTP secured over SSL/TLS), SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer), WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning), Amazon S3, Google Storage, Google Docs, Windows Azure and Rackspace Cloud Files. Works with emerging open cloud software from Eucalyptus and OpenStack.

Mentions everything in there except SCP, does it in fact support SCP?

Hmmm...I thought he updated the list.... :)

http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/1043
http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/4382

Launch Cyberduck, then go to the preferences > SFTP > File Transfers > Transfer Files using > select "SFTP "SSH FIle Transfer Protocol" or "SCP (Secure Copy)"

Here's an image...

Don

Cyberduck_SCP_vs_SFTP.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.46 KB
 Viewed:  15996 Time(s)

Cyberduck_SCP_vs_SFTP.jpg

cinemais
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Buddee,

My refurbished wrt320n unit, successfully converted to an e2000, and which had been running ok for quite a while, expired overnight... I found it without power today so one small possibility is that the power supply is bad... otherwise it appears quite dead and fails to turn on when unplugging / replugging power.

Any advice before I give it up for dead?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Definitely check the power supply, if that is no good, after that you could always open it up and take a look at what might be the problem. IMHO the 12v 1amp supply they ship out with is not enough, should be a 12v 1.5amp minimum.

stoyan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 21:19    Post subject: Success! Reply with quote
Another successful conversion!
Thanks for the author and some questions, of course.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 22:01    Post subject: Re: Success! Reply with quote
stoyan wrote:
Another successful conversion!
Thanks for the author and some questions, of course.

The WPS button lit means you have WAN connection, so in short, yes.

As far as the radio toggle working or not, i have not ever tried that, so i can't comment there.

|2e4per
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 14:49    Post subject: Has E2000 mod something to do with OpenVPN ? Reply with quote
Hello to all of you,

Got some questions to the E2000 mod.

I'm running my WRT320n as WRT320n @ dd-wrt.v24-14896_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn.bin

I'm facing problems with my OpenVPN on it. And it's quite simple... It seems not to start. Nothing is written to the OpenVPN Status Tab and i configured logging to it in the ovpn config file.

This is not the first time i'm playing with vpn on it. Actually i got 2 WRT54GL's running ovpn.

Might there maybe be a special tweak which i missed ?

Furthermore, i got something in mind having read that it's mandatory to convert the WRT320n to E2000 in order to have ovpn.

Is the nvram increase to 64k mandatory to get the openvpn running ?

This would then be the reason to change mine wrt320n to an E2000.

Besides, i didn't noticed anybody of the EU versions who converted to E2000 mentioned if they did or did not a change from "US" to "EU" in the CFE.... so any info about this would also be appreciated...

In the end, i want to thank all of you keeping this alive and contributing so much.

Thank you

Last edited by |2e4per on Sat Jan 22, 2011 17:31; edited 1 time in total
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Main thing there, if you are having problems with your openvpn setup, check how much nvram you have free currently. Telnet/SSH in and issue the following command.

Code:
nvram show >/dev/null

If infact you have many certs etc, and have little nvram free, It is causing your unit to become unstable, which will always happen with limited nvram free, i would then suggest the conversion. And yes some EU users that originally used the alexdiz' CFE edit trick for EU users with the US CFE switched over to the real EU CFE with no problems. But if you are going to do the conversion, just use the EU CFE that i posted right off the bat, it has been tested by some and works.

Best regards.

|2e4per
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 17:26    Post subject: OpenVPN on WRT320n Reply with quote
Hi buddee, thx for real quick reply,

so it says :
Code:
size: 29660 bytes (3108 left)

So, that means i am going for the conversation as u mentioned.

Don't know when i'll go 4 it, but keep this updated, as i like to share for other's may running into same issue's.

Greets

all running site-to-site OpenVPN

4x WRT54GL v1.1 @ 14929
1x WRT320N chang'd to E2000 bricked -> debricked @ v3.0-r29519 mega
1x Archer C7 v2.0 @ v3.0-r29519 std
1x Archer C7 v4.0 @ v3.0-r35874 std
1x ASUS RT-AC68U H/W ver.E1 @ v3.0-r36070M kongac
2x Netgear R7000P @ v3.0-r36070M kongac
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 39, 40, 41  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 25 of 41
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: